Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am slightly perplexed at how we appear to be absolutely nowhere nearer to appointing a manager. You'd have thought before sacking Martinez they might have had their targets in mind / sounded out potential replacements already (FbD, Pellegrini both out of contract and could have been approached easily). That leads me to believe we don't want either of them and that it's likely Koeman or, failing him, somebody the fans haven't considered yet. Surely... just surely Moyes isn't in the running.

I said the same pretty much yesterday.
From the outside, it certainly feels like we are no nearer to appointing a manager than in the days immediately after sacking Martinez.
No obviously I have no understanding of background work being undertaken but to me every day there is a different favourite (not just at the bookies but with speculation too) and pieces in the press saying we looking at speaking to approx 5 or 6 candidates.
It is almost feeling like a bit of a circus act where we have no idea who we want to appoint.

The range of candidates are all distinctly different to; there doesn't appear to be a trend in the candidates.

Anyone sensible would suggest its imperative we have a manager in place for the days preceding the Euro's which is approx 10 days away. It feels like there is an almighty amount of work to do to be in that position.
I would be distinctly disappointed if we go into the Euro's without a manager at the helm; it would have been one month since the sacking and a poor position to be in for both staff,player and manager recruitment as well as planning issues.

I hope I am going to be proved wrong but right now, Its quite underwhelming how we do not seem to have made any real progress, obviously not withstanding any updates from @The Esk (which with respect to his contacts etc, we cant really get any meat from!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back