Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this possibly isn't as far fetched as it sounds. Every tough negotiating mum needs a distraction...
In my younger single days we ventured to a wonderful place in Amsterdam called the banana bar - you will never peel a phallic shaped fruit the same again. It would be the perfect place for the Koeman's to conduct any family business.

You're not alone.

I was desperate for Vitor Pereira

How we appointed a manager who had just been relegated instead of a bloke who just won a league and lost twice in two years is beyond me
After a holiday in the Middle East he went to Olympiacos and won the double and now is at Fenerbahçe. With both clubs he has over 60% win record. I don't think he has been sacked by anyone since he interviewed for us.

Sounds like we would have been better off with Vitor.

Southampton have Les Reed in charge of the recruitment of players so unless he would be coming in with Koeman then I don't see how praising their transfer record is relevant. More praiseworthy is how he has coped with building team spirit and togetherness with such a high player turnover. Similar to what Emery has done at Seville.

Ronald Koeman has been my preferred choice since it was clear that Martinez wouldn't be with us for much longer. Imo he's the perfect fit for Everton. Also not completely against FdB, just think his style of play isn't really my cup of tea. But hey, if succesfull who am I complain about that. One thing I like about both of them is their eye for youth development. Big issue for me personally.

Interesting point and one that we should not underestimate in the current climate. With the finance side of things becoming a bit more (tiny bit!) levelled out - it may be that finding the little gems through your youth systems is the real changer in the future game - not the size of the wallet.

After a holiday in the Middle East he went to Olympiacos and won the double and now is at Fenerbahçe. With both clubs he has over 60% win record. I don't think he has been sacked by anyone since he interviewed for us.

Sounds like we would have been better off with Vitor.

No point crying over spilt milk though I guess

I was on Team Vitor as well during that time

Still, no guarantee it would have worked out

I said the same pretty much yesterday.
From the outside, it certainly feels like we are no nearer to appointing a manager than in the days immediately after sacking Martinez.
No obviously I have no understanding of background work being undertaken but to me every day there is a different favourite (not just at the bookies but with speculation too) and pieces in the press saying we looking at speaking to approx 5 or 6 candidates.
It is almost feeling like a bit of a circus act where we have no idea who we want to appoint.

The range of candidates are all distinctly different to; there doesn't appear to be a trend in the candidates.

Anyone sensible would suggest its imperative we have a manager in place for the days preceding the Euro's which is approx 10 days away. It feels like there is an almighty amount of work to do to be in that position.
I would be distinctly disappointed if we go into the Euro's without a manager at the helm; it would have been one month since the sacking and a poor position to be in for both staff,player and manager recruitment as well as planning issues.

I hope I am going to be proved wrong but right now, Its quite underwhelming how we do not seem to have made any real progress, obviously not withstanding any updates from @The Esk (which with respect to his contacts etc, we cant really get any meat from!).
I'm hoping were wrong but I entirely agree, it's started to make me abit nervous about mosh, i know I'm well out of the loop, but what do we actually know about his 'plan'? Hopefully/probably in just being impatient and he will dazzle us in the near future, I just get panicky about is being the next Blackburn/villa/Newcastle

Pip Neville quits Valencia

it all point to one thing
phil-neville-valencia_3383469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back