Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it all point to one thing
phil-neville-valencia_3383469.jpg
The 'not very special' one

Southampton have Les Reed in charge of the recruitment of players so unless he would be coming in with Koeman then I don't see how praising their transfer record is relevant. More praiseworthy is how he has coped with building team spirit and togetherness with such a high player turnover. Similar to what Emery has done at Seville.

We simply don't know here, Koeman might provide Reed with his instructions on new players and Reed does his best to push the deals through at the desired prices. Have all the players coming into Southampton in the past two seasons done well, if so, it might be prudent to assume that it was Koeman who knew what he wanted?

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??

Aren't Liverpool signing anyone these days to keep the kopites entertained?

After a holiday in the Middle East he went to Olympiacos and won the double and now is at Fenerbahçe. With both clubs he has over 60% win record. I don't think he has been sacked by anyone since he interviewed for us.

Sounds like we would have been better off with Vitor.
Olympiakos have won about 9-10 leagues in a row,awful league,Fenebahce are one of 3 top teams in a very weak league as well and did nothing in the Euroepan competitions.

Needs to have more on his CV because right now mananging in Greece Portugal and Turkey for the dominant teams in weak leagues is pretty average.

Also when he was with Porto he was awful in Europe as he failed to get out of the group stages and flopped in the Europa league as well.

Managing in the ME for a yacht full of money no doubt,doesn't impress me either.

no, if we've giving it to someone with next to no experience whatsoever id rather give it to unsworth.

After a holiday in the Middle East he went to Olympiacos and won the double and now is at Fenerbahçe. With both clubs he has over 60% win record. I don't think he has been sacked by anyone since he interviewed for us.

Sounds like we would have been better off with Vitor.
Bill loves a good personal relationship though :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back