Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olympiakos have won about 9-10 leagues in a row,awful league,Fenebahce are one of 3 top teams in a very weak league as well and did nothing in the Euroepan competitions.

Needs to have more on his CV because right now mananging in Greece Portugal and Turkey for the dominant teams in weak leagues is pretty average.

Also when he was with Porto he was awful in Europe as he failed to get out of the group stages and flopped in the Europa league as well.

Managing in the ME for a yacht full of money no doubt,doesn't impress me either.
I'm not saying I would choose him now but he would have been better than Martinez. Juve, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca are all just as dominant in their leagues if not more so than those weaker leagues you talk about and I suspect you wouldn't say no to a few of their managers over the years.

There's a lot to be said about the fact he hasn't failed yet at any of those clubs.

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??

Congratulations!!

You're a wum and a bad one at that

From Jose to David bleeding Moyes to pip the pointer Neville

One word Everton .

It's all part of the plan to say we went after Jose and there was no other top class managers available
So they drop David Moyes name to reduce the fans expectation of manager in which pip Neville pops up and we all want Moyes instead ta da I still don't want Moyes or Neville tho

Hope this is all sorted before the end of the week. I'm getting headacres checking every 2 minutes for news.

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??

Interesting first post mate, do you usually wear red ?

The whole interview was designed to give the impression that things were going great however there was nothing definitive nor any quotes from Koeman's side, nor since.

It was at best, a fairly weak holding statement.

Fingers crossed then we get our man. Hup Ronald!

Placed my first wager on the EFC manager today. Bet on RK despite being skeptical. Stand to win £150. From his behaviour, I believe he prefers Saints but it seems to me that his new agent has briefed the papers that he's about to sign with Saints to prompt Moshiri into a big wage offer. If he gets it he just might come to us. I remain skeptical of our pulling power but I think the odds on offer are a lot longer than the real chance if getting him. Moshiri may start to get more motivated to spend big as other options disappear like Favre and Rafael.

Jesus, all this whining. We're only 10 days in. How long do you think it takes to interview maybe a half-dozen serious candidates (hopefully all in person, which takes some doing), decide your pecking order, start negotiating (and remember, all the top candidates are currently employed so that has to be worked out as well), sign a deal, announce it to the world, and then bring him in for a press conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back