Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp
Let's get the gang back together #bleachoclock #killmenow

We simply don't know here, Koeman might provide Reed with his instructions on new players and Reed does his best to push the deals through at the desired prices. Have all the players coming into Southampton in the past two seasons done well, if so, it might be prudent to assume that it was Koeman who knew what he wanted?

They have a whole team dedicated to scouting players that's independent of whoever the manager is. Used to be headed up by a guy who Tottenham poached when Pochettino went there.

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??

'toffee fan'...?

FTRS

Jesus, all this whining. We're only 10 days in. How long do you think it takes to interview maybe a half-dozen serious candidates (hopefully all in person, which takes some doing), decide your pecking order, start negotiating (and remember, all the top candidates are currently employed so that has to be worked out as well), sign a deal, announce it to the world, and then bring him in for a press conference?
Manu will have Jose in by the end of the week. Klopp was in within days.

If Koeman was 1st choice then we ask last Monday when the season ended. If he's not interested we move on.
The only reason for taking this long for me is if our 1st choice wasn't available.

Next week all the players are at their euro camps, once this boat has sailed we can kiss goodbye to a smooth summer.

Manu will have Jose in by the end of the week. Klopp was in within days.

If Koeman was 1st choice then we ask last Monday when the season ended. If he's not interested we move on.
The only reason for taking this long for me is if our 1st choice wasn't available.

Next week all the players are at their euro camps, once this boat has sailed we can kiss goodbye to a smooth summer.
To be the fair the jose to united has been going on for months

Pelligrini for me, People say he has underachieved at City, but Unless Guardiola wins everything in sight they'll be saying the same about him.

Ok hes perhaps not the long term solution at 62, though theres a lot older out there, but hes the best option we have of getting us into Champions League. And he knows a good player to when he sees one. De Boer would be a risk and his style is to similar to Martinez's , Koeman would be to , as good as he is all hes done so far is take a middle table team to the top 6. Granted hes had to rebuild his team a few times...Dont get me wrong hes good and probably ready for the next stage but its an increased risk.

Emry, Hes good,won a lot of cups but Seville dont do as well is La Liga as they should, i cant help but think of when spurs got Ramos, he was like a fish out of water..

I said on here i liked Ceasere Prandelli, but as people have pointed out he has his pitfalls and doesnt seem to have been mentioned...

As for unsworth i hope he gets a job in the championship or league one, maybe the time is right for him for that, hes done a smashing job with our kids.

Just my twopence like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back