Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither one of them had a job at the time.
Fair enough but if Koeman wanted it he would have been here by now. Letting him go on holiday to mull it over should never have been an option.
We've got players in and out and a pre-season to sort out. Once the euros start we will struggle.

Remember when @The Esk told us Mourinho, or certainly his people, had initiated & spoken with Everton twice ...

Ahhhhh, those were the days, before we learned United had paid his people £4m as retainer not to speak with any other club. I was genuinely excited back then. Halcyon days indeed.

It's sooooooooo Everton all this.

He could speak to anybody he liked, just wasn't allowed to take another job. If it's even true that is.

The mass mutiny would be fantastic though if that unwanted one returned[/QUOTE

Wouldn't that get next season off to a good start? Whoever gets the job needs supporting at least for ten to fifteen matches. Hopefully those whose choice it's will choose the right man and we'll enter a golden age.

"Whoever gets the job needs supporting at least for ten to fifteen matches."

I'll pledge my unwavering support for at least ten to fifteen minutes. After that, I'm anyone's for a glimpse of ankle.

I reckon we are waiting for RM to beat Atletico in the CL final. Simeone will then rage quit and the final piece of Moshi's cunning plan will fall into place.

Welcome Diego lad!

If they hire Moyes I'm going to find a new club and I encourage you all to do the same. Ludicrous that his name is even being mentioned after the way he departed. He wasn't getting it right for years before he left and hasn't since.

That would be the board's fault and the board aren't our club

Keep seeing this...

Blues, that paper there is the Mirror.

The Mirror.

The whole article was based on what one fan said on Twitter.

That said fan, promptly deleted his account.

Read it here.

Sensationalist, bull crap.

As I said, The Mirror.
Bit harsh to use the fact he "promptly" deleted his account as evidence that what he was saying wasn't true.

He temporarily suspended his account due to the amount of abuse he was getting. He was back within a week or so.

I can't help but think Gary Neville would be an ideal manager for Everton. After his complete cock up in management at Valencia he has a massive point to prove, he knows the English game inside out. Currently works with Stones and Barkley in the England set up and hates Liverpool as much as any toffee fan. Wouldn't this appointment make sense??
Get back to RAWK soft lad

I don't rate Koeman that highly. The board shall not waste more time on him now. If he wants to join he would have join by now. He is using Everton to get a pay rise.

Bit harsh to use the fact he "promptly" deleted his account as evidence that what he was saying wasn't true.

He temporarily suspended his account due to the amount of abuse he was getting. He was back within a week or so.

Harsh? Not really.

At the time, he did exactly that, what I said, and what that newspaper also referenced. He made a claim and then, when it was picked up, promptly deleted his account.

I don't stalk the lad and so, no idea when he reactivated his account but the crux of it is, that massive headline in the paper;

CjO4idAVAAUDFJq.jpg:large

... which I keep seeing everywhere - for clarity, is from the Mirror, based on what one fan said on Twitter. Again, full article here

Imagine the headlines and linkbait nonsense I could run on GOT based on what one person said on Twitter?

I don't rate Koeman that highly. The board shall not waste more time on him now. If he wants to join he would have join by now. He is using Everton to get a pay rise.

Possibly, but given that Everton's second choice is probably Pellegrini is this swerving something we really want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back