Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh? Not really.

At the time, he did exactly that, what I said, and what that newspaper also referenced. He made a claim and then, when it was picked up, promptly deleted his account.

I don't stalk the lad and so, no idea when he reactivated his account but the crux of it is, that massive headline in the paper;

CjO4idAVAAUDFJq.jpg:large

... which I keep seeing everywhere - for clarity, is from The Mirror, based on what one fan said on Twitter. Again, full article here

Imagine the headlines and linkbait nonsense I could run on GOT based on what one person said on Twitter?
Oh I'm not saying it's gospel - just don't think the fact that he temporarily suspended his account is any indication of whether his claims are true or not.

That said, I'd be inclined to believe it's true - Moyes's ego is gigantic by all accounts, and could see him saying something along those lines when he got some stick.

Possibly, but given that Everton's second choice is probably Pellegrini is this swerving something we really want?

I rather have Pellegrini even de Boer.

Koeman, for the time being, is a Dutch version of Moyes. He got 7th and 6th in the last two seasons in PL with greater buying power. I think he's ok he may progress with Moshiri's backing but I don't rate him that highly myself.

I have read today that the piece Southampton have done on there website about there plans for Koeman could well be damage limitation exercise; as if to say to the fans 'we did all we could' etc..

Koeman, for the time being, is a Dutch version of Moyes. He got 7th and 6th in the last two seasons in PL with greater buying power. I think he's ok he may progress with Moshiri's backing but I don't rate him that highly myself.

Oh you've said it for the third time now. That means everyone has to agree.

"greater buying power"?! He had to sell most of his team! He's done better (despite all those players leaving) than Pochettino did with Southampton.

FDB is far too Martinez-esque by all accounts for my liking. No plan B, slow pedestrian possession-at-all-costs football. No thank you.

Remember when @The Esk told us Mourinho, or certainly his people, had initiated & spoken with Everton twice ...

Ahhhhh, those were the days, before we learned United had paid his people £4m as retainer not to speak with any other club. I was genuinely excited back then. Halcyon days indeed.

It's sooooooooo Everton all this.

Keep the faith Manx.

If it wasn't for Moshiri, Martinez would still be here and if he recovered and did well and left off his own bat, Moyes would be coming in.

I'm sure Moshiri will bring someone in and more importantly, help that man bring some good times.

The only way is up...

I personally think Koeman is suited to Southampton or the old Everton with no money. Big risk with money compared to Peligrini who is used to spending and dealing with higher profiles as an example Joe hart and his problems. He dealt with that very well. Prefer Emery or Jose but seems that's history.

feeling the delay is maybe due to wanting to make sure we have manager and director of football in place at the same time. if nothing is completed by start of june i'll start to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back