Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
get-on-with-it.jpg

No Koeman then.

Ah well, I'll get behind Pellegrini or this De Boer fella. Incredibly disappointing, but this is Everton after all - building it all up only to knock you back down again with a swift right hook of crap.

Koeman or
Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti (Spanish pronunciation: [maˈnwel peleˈɣɾini]; born 16 September 1953) is a Chilean professionalfootball manager and former footballer, who is the outgoing manager of Premier Leagueside Manchester City. As a coach, he has managed teams mostly in Spain, Argentina, Chile and Ecuador. A qualified civil engineerand former footballer, after retiring as a player, he moved into coaching in his native Chile and subsequently Argentina. Pellegrini has won national leagues in four different countries.

Pellegrini moved to Europe in 2004 to take the manager's post at Villarreal, a club nearValencia. Under Pellegrini, Villarreal achieved a third-place finish in La Liga in 2004–05, aChampions League semi-final in 2005–06 and broke the big two in 2008 by securing a second-place finish in La Liga in 2007–08.

Pellegrini's consistent record at Villarrealattracted the attention of Real Madrid and he was appointed manager there in 2009. He amassed a total of 96 points, a club record until it was surpassed by José Mourinho in the 2011–12 season, but lost the title toBarcelona by three points. He was dismissed after one season and later lamented theGalácticos policy employed at Real which prevented him from building a balanced team.

Pellegrini took up the manager's role atMálaga in November 2010. He led Málaga to a fourth-place finish in his first full season and to qualification for the UEFA Champions League. He made it to the quarter-finals of the2012–13 Champions League, becoming the only coach to take two different teams to the Champions League quarter-finals in their debut seasons in the competition. On 22 May 2013, Pellegrini confirmed he would leave Málaga at the end of the 2012–13 La Ligaseason. On 14 June 2013, he was appointed manager of Manchester City,[2] and won theFootball League Cup and Premier League in his first season as manager, in the process becoming the first manager from outside Europe to manage a team to the English Premier League title. The title winning season was also noted for goal scoring prowess with Manchester City scoring 151 goals in all competitions - an English football record.

Yes mate, he is talking about the Red Light district!

Now what do you think RK or FDB, you should know more of them than us really.
Ronald Koeman has been my preferred choice since it was clear that Martinez wouldn't be with us for much longer. Imo he's the perfect fit for Everton. Also not completely against FdB, just think his style of play isn't really my cup of tea. But hey, if succesfull who am I complain about that. One thing I like about both of them is their eye for youth development. Big issue for me personally.

If we haven't announced anyone by the time the Euro's start, I'm banging £20 on Loew
If we haven't got anyone by the end of the week then I can only presume our target isn't available yet.

We're leaving it a bit late now to sort a DOF, pre-season and any transfers in or out. I can see this turning a little shambolic.

The fact that we spent 13.5 mil on Niasse, but lost out to Southampton with Tadic at 10.5 mil over the summer does my head in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back