Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't jump ship, he worked his contract. I said we should have stuck him on garden leave and banned him from the training ground.

But you all wanted to give him a farewell and standing ovation followed by him making derisory bids for Baines.
Meant to say, he agreed to United while still under contract with Everton. Pellegrini could of done the same if it was him.

Erm...because he needs psychological help if he thinks he's in the running for the manager's job?
If you invested serious wedge to make a sleeping giant successful again would you appoint a manager who has never won a trophy (the Charity Shield doesn't count). Ask yourself this and you will find the obvious answer.

Moshiri appears to be pursuing a high risk strategy going after some big names. Mourinho who's turned us down for Utd. Koeman who's turned us down for Southampton. Now Emmery who talked to, then turned down, WH last summer.
While we've been in negotiations we've missed more attainable targets like Lucien Favre. Hope it pays off and we land Emmery but if not we could be pretty underwhelmed with what's left to choose from.

If Emery doesn't fancy it, I imagine Pellegrini or FdB will be appointed. I would still be happy with any of them: it's a significant upgrade on our previous manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back