Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's moutsgoat first name. I'm sure I saw Carlos calling him Mike.

My name is not Mike, Carlos calls me that cos of my old username which in case you didnt know was MikelsGoat, so Carlos calls me Mike, which im ok with.
Mike. Spoke well. Definitely not @MoutsGoat

I wouldnt waste my time and money ringing up talksport and you have no idea how I speak.

Trumpet, back on ignore you go.

Or he has a load of money and a better squad with the team who finishes 11th and gets them into 6th.

The only way he would have stayed on is if someone has given him a nudge and a wink regarding the Arsenal job in a year. It might have happened but it's unlikely because I don't think Arsenal if it is to be Wenger's last year would risk that getting out.
Do you not think the contract would be an issue? I honestly think if he has his eye on something else in a years time he would rather sign a 2 year extension than a 5 year contract at a new club

I think now is the ideal time for Emery to leave Sevilla. He leaves them in great shape, in the Champions League and on the back of 3 straight Europa League wins. I think he's hit the ceiling of what he can achieve there, doesn't have the resources to seriously challenge the top 3. He may be conscious of staying too long and letting his stock fall.

Or is that wishful thinking?...

Nowt wrong with thinking like that.

I am still hoping the delay is due to Simeone needing to focus on Athletico Madrid until Saturday night ;)

Our fossorial friend is correct in that it now seems Koeman has only eyes on a bigger prize than us beyond next season.

However as I mentioned on Tuesday evening matters elsewhere have been developing and this emerging candidate would be almost universally popular. He is also consistent with the "if the preferred candidate was out of contract we would have announced it by now" theory discussed yesterday.

I KNEW IT.

WELCOME DIEGO.

My name is not Mike, Carlos calls me that cos of my old username which in case you didnt know was MikelsGoat, so Carlos calls me Mike, which im ok with.

I wouldnt waste my time and money ringing up talksport and you have no idea how I speak.

Trumpet, back on ignore you go.
Good move, because you won't like the next one below :D

I think that could be us this season too. I often look at teams with the potential to do better next season. I do think we fit into that category. new Manager, big spend and an awful end to last season make us an attractive investment.

....the bookies might anticipate that as well, we're only 12-1 to finish top 4. We'll see.

How is waiting for your first choices amateurish? Amateurish would be to appoint the people who want the job rather than appoint the people YOU want to take the job.

We waited for Jose, pipe dream or not, he probably gave us the come on big time, who wouldnt wait for that to pan out? Then we moved on to Koeman, I say moved on, im pretty sure we were talking to both at the same time, now Koeman has indicated he wants to hold on for a bigger job, which for the record, makes me want Southampton to get relegated so much.

So now we move to our next target which appears to be Emery, all the while we know we have Pellegrini and De Boer sitting there in reserve.

No complaints from me how we have done all this, clearly im not privy to the process and only have esk and other peoples word for everything, but again, zero complaints from me how we have gone about the whole thing.

Because, some might say you should have your ducks lined up before shooting the gun.

Also, some ego's might be a bit put off knowing they were 3rd or 4th choice. Though I am sure the salary on offer might negate part of that slightly!

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back