Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what do you think his odds of repeating that with.

Utd (Mourinho), City (Guardiola), Chelsea (Conte), Arsenal (Wenger), Spurs (Pochitino), Leicester (Rainieri), West Ham (Bilic) and us (whoever)

Plus no one will expect us to get into the top 4 even if Moshiri blows 300m in the summer. If we were attractive enough he would have come.
Well he either takes a team that finished 6th and attempts to repeat it again next season or a team that finished 11th and attempts to reestablish them at the top of the league. Southampton is the easier option for a one year audition.

Also the contract is a major issue, Southampton will likely offer him a 2 year deal, we wouldn't do that.

Someone ringing into talksport here now. They have a good track record of picking absolute muppet Evertonians to put on their shows. Hoping this guy's better.

I think now is the ideal time for Emery to leave Sevilla. He leaves them in great shape, in the Champions League and on the back of 3 straight Europa League wins. I think he's hit the ceiling of what he can achieve there, doesn't have the resources to seriously challenge the top 3. He may be conscious of staying too long and letting his stock fall.

Or is that wishful thinking?...

Well he either takes a team that finished 6th and attempts to repeat it again next season or a team that finished 12th and attempts to reestablish them at the top of the league. Southampton is the easier option for a one year audition.

Also the contract is a major issue, Southampton will likely offer him a 2 year deal, we wouldn't do that.
Or he has a load of money and a better squad with the team who finishes 11th and gets them into 6th.

The only way he would have stayed on is if someone has given him a nudge and a wink regarding the Arsenal job in a year. It might have happened but it's unlikely because I don't think Arsenal if it is to be Wenger's last year would risk that getting out.

the board dont want him, the players dont want him, the staff dont want him and the fans definately dont want him. wish people would have a bit of sense regarding moyes!

I suspect a lot of potential candidates understand that Everton's erstwhile 'first choice' is likely to be a manager with Premier League experience and will not take sleight at being lower down the pecking order. They will probably be only too grateful to even be on the list as the kudos of managing within the most watched and talked about sporting league in the world is the golden chalice for any aspiring manager. I doubt very few will be spitting out their dummies because they were not at the front of the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back