Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure exactly when Koeman indicated he was staying but it was after the reported and videoed comments. He was first choice. It's an ongoing process though including Emery.

Well obviously until somebody is appointed that would be the case.

As they are now clearly on 3rd choice, do you not think they run the risk of shooting themselves in the foot with this approach? seems a bit amateurish to me to keep moving your targets because you keep getting knocked back as they have so far by Mourinho and Koeman.

I can see why the board (not fans) would want Moyes. Its a safe appointment, they know every year they will be at least top ten.

Again, there is absolutely no guarantee Moyes would take us into the top ten.

Making the top ten was less difficult when he was here before......outside of six teams we never had to worry much about what was behind us.....mostly yo yo clubs on the EPL/Championship elevator.

Now there are clubs like Leicester.....league champions....Hammers and Saints....Stoke and Swansea.

Those clubs are now well established in the EPL and are geared toward top half finishes these days.

If Rafael gets a tune at the Toon they will be capable of finishing in the top half season after next.

Just say NO to Moyes.

Not only is he unlikely to take us forward, his steady Eddie keep us "best of the rest" policy will not wash no moah.

But my head is going to explode soon because I am convincing myself with each passing day that the bugger is now one of the leading candidates for our vacancy and it is bringing home to me how much I came to dislike him in his latter years here and how much I have come to loathe him since he left us.

Really hope it's emery but if not him then koeman or de boer after that we might be in trouble,not keen on pellegrini at all.

Not really, 8th-5th with Southampton is great and has earned him a top reputation already. To continue that reputation he'd have to get us CL in his first season if we gave him big money.

There's also the issue of his contract, we're not going to let him sign a 2 year contract so he can leave for a different team next season. 5 year contracts paying top money are expensive to buy out and could put some teams off if other higher profile candidates are interested.
And what do you think his odds of repeating that with.

Utd (Mourinho), City (Guardiola), Chelsea (Conte), Arsenal (Wenger), Spurs (Pochitino), Leicester (Rainieri), Liverpool (Klopp), West Ham (Bilic) and us (whoever)

Plus no one will expect us to get into the top 4 even if Moshiri blows 300m in the summer. If we were attractive enough he would have come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back