Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucien Favre has told a tv station he was bored of waiting for Everton

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 94
But it could just as easily tell you that Koeman did not buy into our ambition and was not as committed to our cause as we would want, because his own personal agenda is to get to Arsenal or Barca.
If we really were serious about spending big this summer he would have come. 12 months is a long time in management and it's a lot easier to look impressive to those clubs with a large transfer budget than without. If he was offered something similar to what he has at Southampton then he would have stayed.

If Emery doesn't fancy it, I imagine Pellegrini or FdB will be appointed. I would still be happy with any of them: it's a significant upgrade on our previous manager.
It certainly would be an upgrade but you're assuming they'll still be available next week. They probably will be but there's no guarantee.

I can see why the board (not fans) would want Moyes. Its a safe appointment, they know every year they will be at least top ten, with a chance of Europe. He can also work on a budget and doesn't often blow millions on players. Yes we can name a few but its a few over an eleven year period. Also one of the board members is his biggest fan. Kenwright will be talking about wanting Moyes.

I agree with everyone else on here that he shouldn't come back and his football style isn't the best on the eyes. But after the last two seasons of not knowing how to defend. I was starting to want a little dour defensive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back