Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it's gonna be all of them...MOYES & PELLEGRINI & EMERY & De BOER & KOEMAN & UNSY.

And we'll have a MASSIVE dugout with 6 boss comfy chairs.

And it'll be so groundbreaking & novel that the press will love us as the post-match interviews will be hilarious and insightful, like access to the staff room at the SCHOOL of SCIENCE.

It'll be like being managed by the FLYING PICKETS...but with no ba-da-da-daaaa an' stuff.

Sound..

Go on MOSH....

#NewDawn

@The Esk has been heavily hinting Koeman for weeks and dismissing Southampton releases on the contract as 'holding statements' beyond Tuesday. So I'm confused... is Koeman now OUT, was he always first choice or just the most likely option, did things change dramatically on Tuesday because he dropped out or someone else dropped in?
He hinted that koeman was the main target and thought it was the one to back. He never said it was defo him and the media releases since Sunday support that fact

200.gif

Moshiri appears to be pursuing a high risk strategy going after some big names. Mourinho who's turned us down for Utd. Koeman who's turned us down for Southampton. Now Emmery who talked to, then turned down, WH last summer.
While we've been in negotiations we've missed more attainable targets like Lucien Favre. Hope it pays off and we land Emmery but if not we could be pretty underwhelmed with what's left to choose from.
Are you saying we should have started from the bottom and worked our way up to the best candidates ?

Nothing you could possibly write to me mate would justify Moyes being interviewed and De Boer overlooked.
Me neither but I'm just saying what I think their strategy is from the little info we get. Who knows after all we might be waiting until after the end of the champions league final for Simeone :coffee:

The ones that we have probably spoken to are Pellegrini, Moyes and Koeman. Pellegrini didn't impress. Which tells me they want a safe premier league mid table manager. The fact that Koeman is looking like he will stay also tells me that the plan we offered wasn't that tempting which again points to stability rather than ambition.

But it could just as easily tell you that Koeman did not buy into our ambition and was not as committed to our cause as we would want, because his own personal agenda is to get to Arsenal or Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back