Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Moyes was here for 11 years and didn't win a thing. A few decent seasons that got us Europe that's about it. Would fans just sit there and accept a manager that didn't win anything after the rubbish we've had to put up with for two years? I doubt it

Think you've answered your own question there mate.

Put it this way i thought the world of Moyes when he was with us. He was brilliant with us but he got badly exposed when he joined Man Utd and things got even worse in Spain. He's a ginger fraud and disrespected us, i can't believe we even interviewed him. From the list it's Emery, Koeman, FDB in that order. The rest of the candidates can do one for all i care

There's always Frank De Boer waiting in the corner like that at awkward girl that nobody would dance with until the lights turned on.

i'm sure i've seen this same post every day for the last 3 or 4 days now, i'm not entirely sure if it's you every time either ... just copying and pasting ha

Bloody hell @The Esk. Is this you mate?

upload_2016-5-26_11-30-25.webp

@The Esk has been heavily hinting Koeman for weeks and dismissing Southampton releases on the contract as 'holding statements' beyond Tuesday. So I'm confused... is Koeman now OUT, was he always first choice or just the most likely option, did things change dramatically on Tuesday because he dropped out or someone else dropped in?

Well I'll say it.

If it is true we have interviewed David Moyes and the article below is correct and haven't contacted De Boer for an interview, then we need to have a long hard look at ourselves and our leadership.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-manager-target-frank-de-11388001

Everton manager target Frank de Boer has not been contacted by Blues
Former Ajax manager remains keen on Goodison vacancy
FDB.jpg

Frank De Boer
Frank de Boer has not yet been contacted by Everton for their vacant managerial position.

The Blues have spoken to several candidates over succeeding the sacked Roberto Martinez, including former manager David Moyes, ex-Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini and Under-21s chief David Unsworth who took charge of the final game of the season against Norwich City.

However, de Boer who has made no secret of his desire to take the job , is yet to be contacted by the Goodison Park hierarchy over the role.

De Boer, who has been linked to Premier League posts at Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United in recent years, steered Ajax to four consecutive Dutch titles between 2011-14.

PA-11619629.jpg

Frank de Boer (left) and Ajax assistant coach Dennis Bergkamp

Keen to test himself abroad, the former defender who was capped 112 times by the Netherlands – a record for an outfield player – had talked about the prospect of embarking on a globe-trotting sabbatical to broaden his coaching knowledge but he is drawn to Everton’s project with the club now operating on a higher financial level thanks to new investor Farhad Moshiri’s potential input.

The 46-year-old, who left his head coaching role at Ajax earlier this month after six years in charge, had also been keen on the Valencia job but that position has been filled by former Liverpool assistant manager Pako Ayestaran.
We should have already hired this guy. Emery and Mourinho were fantasies. Pellegrini doesn't impress me because his City team suffered from a lot of the same flaws as Martinez. Koeman and Moyes are meh. De Boer has the potential to be one of the best managers in the world. What he acheived at Ajax was pretty special and his pedigree is 2nd to none. He could very easily be the new Guardiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back