Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have already hired this guy. Emery and Mourinho were fantasies. Pellegrini doesn't impress me because his City team suffered from a lot of the same flaws as Martinez. Koeman and Moyes are meh. De Boer has the potential to be one of the best managers in the world. What he acheived at Ajax was pretty special and his pedigree is 2nd to none. He could very easily be the new Guardiola.
I'd be staggered, in a bad way, if we have interviewed Moyes and not De Boer. Whether he is over-courting us or not, he deserves to be spoken to.

Im terrified it will be Moyes, if it happens thats us pretty much saying "we are not bothered about trophies, and have no ambition"
What it says is that they want him to keep us in the premier league while we build a stadium with mostly the TV money.

I'd be staggered, in a bad way, if we have interviewed Moyes and not De Boer. Whether he is over-courting us or not, he deserves to be spoken to.
The ones that we have probably spoken to are Pellegrini, Moyes and Koeman. Pellegrini didn't impress. Which tells me they want a safe premier league mid table manager. The fact that Koeman is looking like he will stay also tells me that the plan we offered wasn't that tempting which again points to stability rather than ambition.

@The Esk has been heavily hinting Koeman for weeks and dismissing Southampton releases on the contract as 'holding statements' beyond Tuesday. So I'm confused... is Koeman now OUT, was he always first choice or just the most likely option, did things change dramatically on Tuesday because he dropped out or someone else dropped in?

i think koeman thinks he can maybe get the arsenal or barca jobs next summer.

The ones that we have probably spoken to are Pellegrini, Moyes and Koeman. Pellegrini didn't impress. Which tells me they want a safe premier league mid table manager. The fact that Koeman is looking like he will stay also tells me that the plan we offered wasn't that tempting which again points to stability rather than ambition.
Nothing you could possibly write to me mate would justify Moyes being interviewed and De Boer overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back