Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly the source is questionable, Koeman was Moshiri's preferred option but that changed in recent days with Emery and there are further alternatives.

The process is going well, just a little more patience required.
Just to add to this, know my opinion isn't that well respected, but koeman was 'offered' a massive deal a few weeks ago, and then decided to go on and discuss a new deal with southampton.. so it seems john cross's information is a little old, unless it's literally something that has happened in the last two days.

Just to add to this, know my opinion isn't that well respected, but koeman was 'offered' a massive deal a few weeks ago, and then decided to go on and discuss a new deal with southampton.. so it seems john cross's information is a little old, unless it's literally something that has happened in the last two days.

Your opinion and information should be respected mate.

I think your a well respected poster mate.

You have to look at perspective mate, or generally a lot of people on here.

Koeman represents a rebuild job. Considering how poor and unbalanced our squad is, not a bad choice to get going again. He is going to take us back into Europa again so that is a positive step by itself. He may not win us the league or worry the teams who may do, but in terms of moving forward he could well put us back in the same position we were when Moyes left us, thst Martinez briefly showed us what thst starting position can do.

Emery or Pellegrini for example is the club showing ambition and getting someone in with high profile experience. Thst us less thinking of a rebuild and more of a fully backing a manager who could well bring success. Personally emery would be an amazing appointment and possibly the difference in ending our trophy drought if he could get it right. Pellegrini very highly respected also, city, Spain jobs, real Madrid. He would attract players off his name alone and again be a signal of just getting behind a manager.

De Boer type appointments are a little unknown, more long term appointments but not necessarily hitting either end of the scale. A more risky approach but if it worked then we would reap the rewards of thst.

I don't think he'd be a bad appointment, but looking to someone to get us back to where we were 2 years ago isn't an exciting prospect, It's a step forward from where we are now and hell maybe he could even take us further, but I'd just have more confidence in Emery to take us forward.

In terms of De Boer I've been a fan from the start, I think he'd do a good job, even though we probably wouldn't play the most attractive football in the league we would be hard to break down, I feel it would give us kind of a mix of Moyes and Martinez, defensively solid and attacking minded.

I got the Moyes feeling when martienz snapped and brought Moyes into one of his press briefs. Now tonight , he turned down villa, he got a blue suit on, he laughing at kenwright jokes.

Osman and hibbert haven't released yet or even said their goodbyes

Hmmmmm

Dont worry, Aaron.

Ill always respect you <3

I got the Moyes feeling when martienz snapped and brought Moyes into one of his press briefs. Now tonight , he turned down villa, he got a blue suit on, he laughing at kenwright jokes.

Osman and hibbert haven't released yet or even said their goodbyes

Hmmmmm

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back