Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd be surprised by how highly he's rated at Barca mate

Luis Enrique definitely didn't get the job by being the best coach available, that's for sure,but I think any chance for Koeman at Barça ended years ago when he failed in La Liga. Doesn't excite me as a possible manager with us or Barça. I'd wager he will stay at Southampton a while longer doing OK before taking on the task of sorting out the national team.

I want Emery in nowwwwwwww. Said it a few months back before we ditched Bobby and can't believe we are in for him. Although that article saying he has already turned us down is worrying....it is a decent source as far as I'm aware. Maybe @The Esk would know if that's possibly true

What do you make of that translation that suggests emery has turned us down, I'm sure it won't be true as you would have informed us, if that was the case. What seems to be apparent is that our interest in koeman is cooling.

I read that as them recapping their earlier story about the Sevilla director saying Emery would turn Everton down that's a few days old.

What do you make of that translation that suggests emery has turned us down, I'm sure it won't be true as you would have informed us, if that was the case. What seems to be apparent is that our interest in koeman is cooling.

I think the translation is referring to the President's initial remarks, not Emery himself. Time will tell, hopefully over the next few days

simeonepalle1.jpg
Wowzers...I didn't know he was friends with Tony Bennett!
Welcome Simeone....Let there be love!
*Jazz hands

Erm some fella on twitter seems confident about it said he was told...View attachment 23940
You can hardly call £140 a decent bet.
If I'd been told Moyes was our next manager, and depending who told me, I'd have a bet that was worth winning.
I'd also be very surprised if an insider gave him the info, betting scams are punished heavily, and I'd imagine Everton will be very careful with their info.

I think the translation is referring to the President's initial remarks, not Emery himself. Time will tell, hopefully over the next few days
Nice one;) but that president is going to fight tooth and nail to retain emery and you can't blame him. I just hope emery is sold on the vision he has for the club, but as you say we'll know more within the next few days.

obviously the president of seville is going to do the best he can to keep emery and secure the best deal, as of yet i don't think emery has made a decision, i'm sure we'll know next week, obviously theres a chance he will say no, but i think we have a good chance.

If that Ginger "can't beat a decent team on their own patch (not even with Rooney and co.)" Muppet gets the job I will be taking a sabbatical.

League Cup semi - lost home and away to Chelsea
FA Cup 2009 - beat Man U Reserves on penalties, lost to Chelsea in final from 1-0 up
FA Cup semi 2012 - lost to awful Liverpool team from 1-0 up.

Ahem.....
With respect to @The Esk I've concluded he's v smart, a passionate Evertonian, honest and has genuine inside info, I'm guessing someone who works in financials with EFC. He uses this info and his own reasoning to keep us informed for which I'm v grateful.
However this info, or his interpretation of it, won't always be accurate and he's incentivised to allay our fears. On balance, my interpretation is that DM has been interviewed and is on the list though towards the bottom. Ambitious Moshiri wants a name so will try to lure several others before DM who's a fall back option in the v unlikely event we get knocked back by everyone else. I predict he won't be our manager but it's not mpossible in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back