Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hardly call £140 a decent bet.
If I'd been told Moyes was our next manager, and depending who told me, I'd have a bet that was worth winning.
I'd also be very surprised if an insider gave him the info, betting scams are punished heavily, and I'd imagine Everton will be very careful with their info.
Indeed,
Betfair exchange just took a very large bet on De Boer and a massive lay on Emery.

Just saying like..

The quotes in Estadio are mostly from Monchi. There are no direct quotes from Emery either positive or negative. Basically What Monchi was quoted recently as saying that Emery is staying at Sevilla for next season. However, as the article states Everton are insisting on continuing their pursuit.

Wording of the article (particularly the last paragraph), suggests that the rejection spoke about in the second paragraph hasn't been a direct denial from Emery. Suggesting that management are nervous that its out of their control due to the managers buy out clause.

The fact it's coming out the local Spanish press definitely seems to suggest the pitch has been made and I imagine we'll get our answer over the next few days, would bet that Pellegrini is waiting in the wings to take over if it doesn't work out.

You can tell in the content of our ITK's posts when he is slightly confident on something as was the case with Koeman.

Reading between the lines here, we aren't getting Emery.

"Everton, however, gives quite the same and, although already received a refusal to Emery, he is insisting to lead its ambitious new project, explain to ED to some sources, which affect the force that is practice in the matter Jorge Mendes who is supporting the new owner of the 'Toffees', Farhad Moshiri billionaire. The aim of this is immediately put to Goodison Park box in the top four of the Premier."

"The ' toffee ' work on an ambitious project and try to seduce him"

That is all sounding pretty good to me.

The quotes in Estadio are mostly from Monchi. There are no direct quotes from Emery either positive or negative. Basically What Monchi was quoted recently as saying that Emery is staying at Sevilla for next season. However, as the article states Everton are insisting on continuing their pursuit.

Spot on.

I take it there is yet no sign of our Messiah ?
No not yet mate!...but it appears our transfer delegation has evolved from
20160529_235812.webp

To being headed by...
20160529_235514.webp

Attachments

• 20160529_235812.webp
    20160529_235812.webp
    71.7 KB · Views: 75

The fact that papers are running with stories he's about to sign with Southampton suggests his agent is angling for a big wage offer from Moshiri. Not convinced that Koeman is attracted to the project but, if I'm right that his agent briefed the media, he may be persuaded by a hefty wage.
It appears my interpretation was correct. This is going to be a big week. If Emmery says no (I don't believe he has yet thankfully) and there's no other big name at the forefront I expect Moshiri to make a last ditch offer to Koeman that approaches the 6 mil he's after.
The first thing his agent will do is go to SFC and say match this. We'll get Koeman only if there's a large difference between the respective final wage offers between the clubs. I think his preference is to stay put but he'll come for big £. He'll then claim it was because EFC showed more ambition lol. Hope none of this happens and we get Emmery but it'll be hard for us to lure him to EFC so Koeman is the more likely of the two.

"Everton, however, gives quite the same and, although already received a refusal to Emery, he is insisting to lead its ambitious new project, explain to ED to some sources, which affect the force that is practice in the matter Jorge Mendes who is supporting the new owner of the 'Toffees', Farhad Moshiri billionaire. The aim of this is immediately put to Goodison Park box in the top four of the Premier."

"The ' toffee ' work on an ambitious project and try to seduce him"

That is all sounding pretty good to me.

What a beautifully worded statement. The general tone of it seems to be that Emery is keen on the project that we have outlined to him, so that's good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back