Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simeone, if not Koeman.
We need to aim high, this is a defining moment in our history with new investment on and off the pitch.
I'm sick to death of people on here saying we can't get the likes of Simeone, why not? He's been quoted as saying he may have to 'break the cycle'. At least approach him, he may want a new challenge and realise that he may always come 3rd in Spain and see the Premiership as a stepping stone, plus if reports are correct about offering Koeman £6 mill a year then I'm sure we could tempt Simeone financially?
Simeone won't even look twice at us.

We are a mid table English team with our best player already leaving us before the window opens. We have won nothing in 21 years.

In fact, would simeone go to West brom? To Stoke? To Swansea? Same principle.

Simeone, if not Koeman.
We need to aim high, this is a defining moment in our history with new investment on and off the pitch.
I'm sick to death of people on here saying we can't get the likes of Simeone, why not? He's been quoted as saying he may have to 'break the cycle'. At least approach him, he may want a new challenge and realise that he may always come 3rd in Spain and see the Premiership as a stepping stone, plus if reports are correct about offering Koeman £6 mill a year then I'm sure we could tempt Simeone financially?

He would have his choice of any club in Europe mate IMO. Can't believe he wouldn't have been sounded out by others.

The only thing that could bring him to a club like Everton is a big fat massive salary, but even then I still can't see it.

'Daily Star reporter Paul Brown has claimed on Twitter that Everton were initially encouraged by Koeman's camp to open talks.'
Seems Koeman's agent has skilfully played EFC against SFC. If Moshiri makes a last ditch big offer, as I expect he will if Emmery is ruled out, this offer will be once again used to try to leverage more out of SFC. We'll only get Koeman if we offer far more than the maximum wage the Saints will go to.

He would have his choice of any club in Europe mate IMO. Can't believe he wouldn't have been sounded out by others.

The only thing that could bring him to a club like Everton is a big fat massive salary, but even then I still can't see it.

What clubs have sacked their manager and are looking for a new one?

Nah I know I joke around a lot and that but I have had a bit of info passed on to me.

All I'll say is prepare for the worst troops. Don't expect anything big.

I don't believe for one second they would be so stupid to give Moyes the job again. They read these boards, he's be about as popular as FSW.

What clubs have sacked their manager and are looking for a new one?
Why is simeone in any rush to leave athletico?

He will probably give it one more year then take his puck of job offers after that. But track record also assumes he could win the title and challenge in the champions league as well which would make althetico the best team for him.

Most of the jobs where there was a vacancy have been taken now I believe.

However, regardless of that this just isn't happening. If some of you want to think there is a possibility crack on, whatever gets you through the day.
If there's one chink of light then at least ask, 40/1, I'm on it

However this info, or his interpretation of it, won't always be accurate and he's incentivised to allay our fears. On balance, my interpretation is that DM has been interviewed and is on the list though towards the bottom. Ambitious Moshiri wants a name so will try to lure several others before DM who's a fall back option in the v unlikely event we get knocked back by everyone else. I predict he won't be our manager but it's not mpossible in my opinion.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, and not just to allay fears, David Moyes is not a back up option for the Everton manager's position.

He wasn't interviewed for the role and has never been considered as a replacement.

His presence alongside Bill is akin to Dicken's "ghost of Christmas past" - a reminder of what we were, and the changes necessary for a fulfilling and succesful future.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, and not just to allay fears, David Moyes is not a back up option for the Everton manager's position.

He wasn't interviewed for the role and has never been considered as a replacement.

His presence alongside Bill is akin to Dicken's "ghost of Christmas past" - a reminder of what we were, and the changes necessary for a fulfilling and succesful future.
So you're saying I've just changed my avatar for no reason whatsoever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back