Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far then, it's looking like:

Jose - was #1 but was only ever using us as a last resort back up plan, he always wanted United. Next.

Koeman - seems to be #2, and once again doesn't seem genuinely interested despite the huge wedge and project on offer, using us as leverage against Southampton. Next.

Emery - coming in at #3, the man I really want and noises have been promising. Does have a history though of playing clubs off against Sevilla to gain a better deal, could be doing exactly that right now too. Seems to be the last great manager with any real chance of signing.

Pellegrini and De Boer clearly aren't on our priorities list or they would've been signed by now.

If Emery rejects us I'm not sure where that leaves us. It's starting to look like we're not as attractive a proposition as we think we are. A link to Mancini growing I suppose but that could just be conjecture, though he'd be better than plenty of others out there for sure.

He'd just seen his team lose the Champions League final on pens. I'd take what he said with a pinch of salt.

" I want to manage in the premiership, take a mid table team to the Brittania Stadium on a cold wet Tuesday night! It's my dream !

Exactly , just needs his ego massaged for a few weeks before he goes gung ho after the big 2 again.

So far then, it's looking like:

Jose - was #1 but was only ever using us as a last resort back up plan, he always wanted United. Next.

Koeman - seems to be #2, and once again doesn't seem genuinely interested despite the huge wedge and project on offer, using us as leverage against Southampton. Next.

Emery - coming in at #3, the man I really want and noises have been promising. Does have a history though of playing clubs off against Sevilla to gain a better deal, could be doing exactly that right now too. Seems to be the last great manager with any real chance of signing.

Pellegrini and De Boer clearly aren't on our priorities list or they would've been signed by now.

If Emery rejects us I'm not sure where that leaves us. It's starting to look like we're not as attractive a proposition as we think we are. A link to Mancini growing I suppose but that could just be conjecture, though he'd be better than plenty of others out there for sure.

Looks like De Boer and moyes are the only managers openly converting the role.

Nigel Pearson lacked by Leicester over his remarks, and his son left in place his training back room, medical team Scouting team - Raneiri hardly a kick backside Manager just took over, and won the Prem - at the end of the day all this we will break the bank for managers who are unavailable at a huge cost - I feel Pelligrini will eventually be appointed?

Everton represent the last chance for any significant overseas manager who wishes to manage in the PL.

Even though in financial terms we are very mid-table, and before any funds are made available from Moshiri or player sales, the new manager will in the next 3 years have something like £500 million in revenues to support his project.

That's a very exciting prospect, but then combined with Moshiri's development plans for the club, we really are an attractive proposition.

Any manager not taking the opportunity seriously (outside of the already committed "super-managers" elsewhere) is perhaps a reflection of their ambitions rather than a reflection of ours.

If Emery wants to prove himself in the world's most competitive league then the very best opportunity is available to him.

Everton represent the last chance for any significant overseas manager who wishes to manage in the PL.

Even though in financial terms we are very mid-table, and before any funds are made available from Moshiri or player sales, the new manager will in the next 3 years have something like £500 million in revenues to support his project.

That's a very exciting prospect, but then combined with Moshiri's development plans for the club, we really are an attractive proposition.

Any manager not taking the opportunity seriously (outside of the already committed "super-managers" elsewhere) is perhaps a reflection of their ambitions rather than a reflection of ours.

If Emery wants to prove himself in the world's most competitive league then the very best opportunity is available to him.
Any chance we could hear something this week mate?

Is the 500 million the expected figure we are going to bring in? Is it the figure that may be able to be spent on players?

Are they pushing him for a response now mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back