Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are going to be some very disappointed Southampton fans, especially the guy who joined us only to say that we were at best a sideways step.

Guess he was just bitter and realised the writing was on the wall.

If you recognise yourself, don't fret: Mr. Moyes is still seeking work.

everton as a club, and everton as fans need a specific type of manager, one that can both 'gee' up the players and fans, and motivate / be a great man manager.

Pellegrini doesn't have that skillset, which is why we made enquiries into his tenure / personality type at city, i'd assume that the reports were not that great.

good manager, very good cv, but not the right personality.

No offence meant but you have no idea what personality he has. Just what we see on tv.

Mourinho
Simeone
Emery
Pellegrini
Mancini
De Boer
Koeman

Numbers 1 and 4 of my list rued out then.

Well I'm out of the clink and I still don't want Koeman. I honestly don't understand the clamour for his signature, his record really isn't very good at all. Sacked a few times and only really had a couple of good seasons.

Maybe I'm missing something, It's just in a year where Leicester won the league is getting saints to 6th really that big of a deal. we can do better for me.

everton as a club, and everton as fans need a specific type of manager, one that can both 'gee' up the players and fans, and motivate / be a great man manager.

Pellegrini doesn't have that skillset, which is why we made enquiries into his tenure / personality type at city, i'd assume that the reports were not that great.

He is no Big Sam.

On this occasion I think the poster does know mate ;)

Doubt it but fair enough.

I just doubt you get to manage Real Madrid without being able to 'gee up' players.

As you know I have a minor link to City via a third (possibly fourth!) party who say the image we see of him during interviews and what not is very different to that on the training pitch.

All moot if he's not coming anyway.

Spot on. I think maybe FDB could - especially as he'd have that 'new manager thing', where we all give him some time n space. Pellegrini for me aptly fits the description above as does maybe Koeman who I understand from this thread to be disinterested anyway.

Why on earth we routinely discredit the types character we have within the club and mgt alumni is beyond me - even saying that gets interpreted has you slayed for wanting Moyes return which I'm not sure I would, versus having some of the characters like Stubbs, DF, Unsworth, not Neville (not sure he's mgt material), or non-Everton but equally proven guys like Dyche, Howe etc.

Why do we want 'proven' success? What guys have 'proven' elsewhere in different circumstances is no indication of what they can do for us, or why they'd want to come to a club with such poor infrastructure. Oh pardon me - Moshiri's dosh.

Moshiri's money MUST go into stadium and training ground and we start to close the gap the Esk points out here:
https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/0...new-stadium-need-not-expensive-goodison-park/

With that done, we'd naturally with the inherent qualities in support youth and lure of a club that can compete for Europe attract top quality leadership without howling in the streets for any mercenary passers by as we are at present, it's f&*&*ng demeaning. We're Everton, let's build what we have and stop showing such little faith in our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back