Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not saying Emery is exactly like Moyes mate. But his style is more towards the Moyes' 'style' than Koeman's is. Honest.

Very good manager though, would be a superb choice. So would Koeman, IMO. Just don't like the fact that it seems some of our fans really wouldn't be happy unless we appointed Pep.

Emery is nowt like Moyes. He's just won three straight Europa leagues and has only lost 1 of his last 10 derbies.

It's been 18 days since he was sacked. New manager has to come in soon to plan pre-season.

The players are on holiday at the moment - the ones that aren't going to the Euros at least.

We have the first few friendlies planned and pre-season plans will have been made and most likely will just require the all-clear.

With the Euros it was always going to be difficult, plus the Olympics.

A week won't have made a massive difference.

As long as it's done before the Euros, it'll be fine.

So Martinez sacked on 12th, some 18 days ago.
I'm not sure any company takes this long to find a new employee, unless they are waiting for someone worth their weight in gold to give them an answer, otherwise why wait at all.
The longer it goes on the more I'm convinced Jesus is coming to town.

It's pretty hard trying to convince men who already have jobs to move away from those, somewhat comfortable positions and try a new project.

The players are on holiday at the moment - the ones that aren't going to the Euros at least.

We have the first few friendlies planned and pre-season plans will have been made and most likely will just require the all-clear.

With the Euros it was always going to be difficult, plus the Olympics.

A week won't have made a massive difference.

As long as it's done before the Euros, it'll be fine.
Sake.
Forgot about the Olympics footy..
Who have we got involved in that ?

No I'm not saying Emery is exactly like Moyes mate. But his style is more towards the Moyes' 'style' than Koeman's is. Honest.

Very good manager though, would be a superb choice. So would Koeman, IMO. Just don't like the fact that it seems some of our fans really wouldn't be happy unless we appointed Pep.
Well one had his team lose 0-3 to a Martinez team at home and let Arouna Kone get an assist. Oh and it wasn't Emery.

I think you may be misunderstanding what people are saying. From what I've seen, the comparisons between Koeman and moyes are based around their ability to get a side in and around the top 6 but struggle to do any more than that, rather than any perceived similarity in playing style.

Not necessarily saying I agree, but I think that is the comparison most often made.

Okay then that's a fair one, though like you (I imagine) i don't agree with that because Koeman has been in the PL for two seasons now and has got a side which have had mass exoduses of their best players in each of his pre-seasons to finish 7th and 6th, braking the record points total each time.

It's not like he's been doing it for four years...

Good debate though I guess. Both have merits. One more exciting than the other for me. But then I'm in the Emery & Pelligrini camp and a bit cold on the Dutch connections.

Sake.
Forgot about the Olympics footy..
Who have we got involved in that ?

Supposedly Argies want Funes Mori to play - and he's also at the Copa as well while the Euros are on.

Maybe Deulofeu if Spain are involved (not sure if they are)?

There could be more. Though I imagine most of the players who go to the Euros won't be, and of course none of the British lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back