Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because youd think his job was safe due to his achievements. I also have heard many talk about him. What's wrong with people talking about him though, he is a class act.

Nothing, nothing at all. I've never said there was. He's a good manager, and would be a good acquisition for us.

However, bar a few members, nobody on here had even referenced Emery before they beat the RS

Selling Navas for 15 million is pure magic.

Well, it really wasn't, as Navas was at the time one of the most effective wingers in Europe and was consistently labelled as one of the best players in La Liga outside of the big two clubs.

He just hasn't been able to handle the intensity of the Prem and he's a shell of the player he was at Sevilla.

People were talking about him before the Europa final (look at this thread before Europa league final). Yes him beating klopp has given more weight to the argument for him to be considered for Everton, but it's not the only reason. I'm sure him winning the Europa league two years previously at the same time selling his best players, convinced many he was a worthy successor to Martinez.

Yep, a few were. I was involved in those discussions.

However, the band wagon has gotten crowded in the last few weeks...

My main doubt with Emery is I don't know if he's the right manager to make the most of this 'young' squad we have now.

He's a great manager to operate on a shoestring budget and find bargains in the market. But we've had one of those... He's not great with youth players, though by no means does that mean he won't play them. However, would he build up on the momentum and potential of the likes of Barkley, Del (already had troubles last season, albeit down to both parties), Davies, Stones, Rom (probably will have left), Besic etc etc...

That is my question mark over him. Which I have been saying for a few weeks now.

Nothing, nothing at all. I've never said there was. He's a good manager, and would be a good acquisition for us.

However, bar a few members, nobody on here had even referenced Emery before they beat the RS

Ok, in light of mucho research, my new and improved list is ready to be released to the public :

1. Cocu
2. Favre
3. Koeman
4. Frank De Boer

I have removed Emery out of respect for his game tonight, if he wins he can go into the number 2 slot, if he loses, he can get right in the bin.
Its all about sustainability.

The reason we got Bobby in was hes cheap, he was young and he had room to grow, with the club, it sadly hasnt worked out, he is out his depth.

The next manager will be somebody that can get results and grow the football club on the pitch, while we grow the football club off the pitch.

Jose and Zombie would normally be out of reach, but both are "available" hence people "linking" them to us, personally I dont think we will get either of them, Jose for 1 "demands" 15m a year in wages, it would make more sense to go for a "mid tier" manager such as RDB/Cocu/Koeman/AVB and allow them to have a half arsed crack at the top 4, I say half arsed, they will be given funds in order to do it, but unlike some, I cant see us spunking a load of wedge until we have our house in order OFF the pitch.

As you say normally a manager is given a few years, unless he tanks it hard, maybe "next" time we can put the "top tier" managers such as Emery, Jose and Simeone on the list, but for now, I think those names are sadly pipe dreams.

TL;DR
Hire Frank

Cant see us wasting our time approaching Emery.

There were plenty of Emery shouts well before the Europa.

Well, it really wasn't, as Navas was at the time one of the most effective wingers in Europe and was consistently labelled as one of the best players in La Liga outside of the big two clubs.

He just hasn't been able to handle the intensity of the Prem and he's a shell of the player he was at Sevilla.

Wasn't there something about him having severe home sickness even when playing for Spain in WC / Euros? If that is the case then it's not a surprise he's not been as good as he was at Sevilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back