Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I learned from watching the two teams play (including against each other, which was the prime example of my first point about Ajax):
Ajax (Frank) - against the bigger teams: on the counter, strong defence, lethal going forward, no-nonsense approach, wins a lot. Against smaller teams: domination, completely different approach, but still based on the strong defence and the no-nonsense approach. I really like it tbh.

PSV (Cocu) - tbh I'm not keen on him after watching them play a few times, their defence is kind of shaky, but still definitely better than ours. Likes the possession game it would seem, as well as short quick passes in the final third. It's very entertaining, but not always winning (see the results against Ajax in the past few meetings they've had).

Agreed on all else you've said though.
Interesting, like the look of De Boer plus Bergkamp knows the PremierLeague. Looking at that ranking list though Emery would be the one to go for.

getting rid of martinez and bringing in some feather weight like howe would be idiotic.
im sure if martinez leaves we're about to step up and get top notch manager.

The replacement should be obvious in my opinion. One of the world's top managers lives down the road and will be out of contract in May. Unfortunately it won't be a surprise to see Everton show their ambition as 'one of the biggest clubs in England' and stick with Martinez for at least another year.

I'm getting really bored of seeing the same suspects hijacking threads to talk about squads and transfers.

This thread is clearly labelled as being about hypothetical replacements for the manager.

I'll be issuing off topic infractions next time.

Soz wooly can't help myself getting involved

Any way, Jose is now the man for me. Just to see him in the Everton tracky pumping his chest towards the annie road end after we've scored a last minute winner at the pit

I mean for the sheer popcorn alone I'd have Mourinho. Bonus is he's a great manager too. Rank outsider but if he doesn't go to UTD we've got a good chance I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back