Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Koeman, and he's still lurking, but he over-played his hand allowing Emery to become the next target. Discussions were had with others, even Simeone has been approached.

Assuming no changes the job is Emery's, if not then Koeman's.

If it's neither it's because there's information out there I don't have. Can't be any clearer than that.
I guess we'll see mate.

Thanks for all the info @The Esk - would love to hear more about how this information came your way when all is said and done.

Seems like things are trending towards a new blue dawn with Moshiri's special project - The key word being one we have all craved for so long: AMBITION!

Lots of work to do, but exciting times.

Just come up on the forum, im reading elsewhere emrys release fee drops to £1.5m tomorrow (1st June)..is this the general excitement on here?

What a coup it would be to have those two. Considering what they've accomplished with the budget at Sevilla. having mochi and Emery with the financial backing of Moshiri would be incredible IMO.

Seeing the way Emery approaches his position convinced me he's the right man for the job. There's 2-3 fellas in the side that could use that kind of approach in getting to the next level.

There's a small part of me still hoping simeone wants to come battle it out against all these world class managers but I know it's very unlikely.

But it wasn't just Unsworth was it - it was Royle too. I actually believe that they act as a team, and that the club matters to them. Teams win over individuals, and I think we need to act differently to the 'norm'.

Id go for Unsworth / Royle if kenwright was still in control. But with moshiri perhaps unsworth could learn and gain a bit more experience and then we look to promote him after the next manager?

What a coup it would be to have those two. Considering what they've accomplished with the budget at Sevilla. having mochi and Emery with the financial backing of Moshiri would be incredible IMO.

Seeing the way Emery approaches his position convinced me he's the right man for the job. There's 2-3 fellas in the side that could use that kind of approach in getting to the next level.

There's a small part of me still hoping simeone wants to come battle it out against all these world class managers but I know it's very unlikely.
That's where I am at to be honest after the Jose disappointment which I am struggling to move on from.

I want to remain open to Emery, and not base my judgement on the aforementioned disappointment...but why do I retain this scepticism that he is up to the task?

Having said that, and fully understanding there are no guarantees with any Manager in football succeeding, we are clearly not at a global standing at the moment as a club to be targeting the top end Managers or players. So an Emery style "risk" may be good in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back