Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate, we've been discussing the progress much of the afternoon. Sorry to do this, but I need to ask you a couple of questions.

You said you were going to the CL final but we know you didn't. You just said in the post above you were in a cab from the airport but again you were posting from the same IP as you were on Saturday night, a domestic broadband account.

What's going on? There's no need to embellish your posts particularly as you seem to have good data.

We like to trust the people who are providing information, and as I say your information is good - that's why you're getting a chance. But cut out the BS otherwise you're gone, we don't want people to be misled here.
giphy.gif

So an Emery style "risk" may be good in the end.

100%. If we don't have the clout to get a simeone or Jose now then the goal should be getting a manager that can take us up to that point. Similar to what Mancini did with city IMO.

After 2-3 years once the investment players proves to be real and if someone like Emery can manage some good finishes, get into the CL etc then you're in a position to pull in that next level of manager.

To be fair to Emery though nobody has seen what he can do with a club that isn't selling to be able to buy or losing its top players ever season. Even this year after winning Europa 3 times in a row he's losing his most creative player in Banega.

For all we know given his obvious drive, tactical know how, and passion for football he might be the next guy to reach that world class status.

That's where I am at to be honest after the Jose disappointment which I am struggling to move on from.

I want to remain open to Emery, and not base my judgement on the aforementioned disappointment...but why do I retain this scepticism that he is up to the task?

Having said that, and fully understanding there are no guarantees with any Manager in football succeeding, we are clearly not at a global standing at the moment as a club to be targeting the top end Managers or players. So an Emery style "risk" may be good in the end.

Better emery than koeman.

100%. If we don't have the clout to get a simeone or Jose now then the goal should be getting a manager that can take us up to that point. Similar to what Mancini did with city IMO.

After 2-3 years once the investment players proves to be real and if someone like Emery can manage some good finishes, get into the CL etc then you're in a position to pull in that next level of manager.

To be fair to Emery though nobody has seen what he can do with a club that isn't selling to be able to buy or losing its top players ever season. Even this year after winning Europa 3 times in a row he's losing his most creative player in Banega.

For all we know given his obvious drive, tactical know how, and passion for football he might be the next guy to reach that world class status.

Emery is the 1 mert.

Hes no Phillip Cocu or David Unsworth tho.

We all need to remember, as said above, that our next Manager, whoever is given the opportunity and honour, may not be the one to take Everton to where Mr Moshiri and the fans want to be.

Thankfully, we won't be the pauper little Everton that can't sack an underperforming Manager anymore though.

Who will be will be...

Last edited:
Id go for Unsworth / Royle if kenwright was still in control. But with moshiri perhaps unsworth could learn and gain a bit more experience and then we look to promote him after the next manager?

Unsworth no chance, great blue but no, ask yourself would any other club in the top flight want him? Just like no club would want Giggs, maybe one day he might be a manager but he is fine where he is and a several years away from a first team job in the Premier League.

Would like to think that maybe Emry would be open to having some premiership experience in the way of coaches on his back room staff. Brian Kidd for example has helped at city when they have took on foreign managers - not saying brian kid Per-say, but someone similar.

Would like to think that maybe Emry would be open to having some premiership experience in the way of coaches on his back room staff. Brian Kidd for example has helped at city when they have took on foreign managers - not saying brian kid Per-say, but someone similar.
David Unsworth has some premiership experience ;)

dont shoot me down here, but maclaren is actually highly regarded within the game as one of the best 'coaches' (obv not a manager) , he was SAF number 2 for years and is similar to kidd,,,, and out of work, someone with his premier league knowledge would be invaluable.

would be a hard task for emery just to rock up and get us winning straight away, all on his todd. not sure how many of his back room team would come with him??

Why all the talk of unsworth one meaningless game
Nowhere near what we need now we are going to be a force no more second best these guys mean business

Colin Harvey was a great no 2
Don't think he was ever a manager but what a player just goes to show best players don't make best managers
Most great managers were never that great players
Ferguson, mourinho , etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back