Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp

I remember all of this happening back in 2013 - it was a nightmare then, too. Who were the main contenders other than Martinez and Vitor?

I also wonder how many pages went by in that thread before we finally knew. Not this many, surely...

It seemed though we where linked with a few but once Kenwright met Martinez that was it.

I appreciate that we are working top down this time and we might hit a few speed bumps but surely something has to stick soon!!

Well page 2000 was a tad anticlimactic......, let's hope are appointment of a new manager later today isn't ;)

No, but anything could happen in the next half hour !!
I remember all of this happening back in 2013 - it was a nightmare then, too. Who were the main contenders other than Martinez and Vitor?

I also wonder how many pages went by in that thread before we finally knew. Not this many, surely...

Adam Woodyatt, Kenny G & Reginald Bosanquet were in the frame !!

It was a Kenwright production back then and my word did he milk it. He even interviewed Weir,Neville and Stubbs who then went around telling anyone who would listen that he had the job. Rangnick was the red herring introduced at the 11th hour but it was always Martinez from the start.

Last edited:

I don't get why sky and the media dislikes us so much.

We are founder members of the Football league, Premier league, We have been relegated ONCE in 138 years(for 1 season and we won the league that season). We've spent 137 years in top flight football, were the 4th most successful club in England. We've never been relegated from the Prem. We have a massive fan base. WE ARE A BIG BIG CLUB, yet I am sure they think Newcastle(who won fek all in 100 years and been relegated twice in 5 years)and Leeds(who haven't been in the top flight for 10 years?) are a bigger club then us.

The other day on talksport, Danny Kelly said Lets talk about the best manager at the biggest clubs in England and if you don't have a manager your not a big club. Then went on about poco at Spurs being a great manager. Correct me if I'm wrong but in a crap season were Man and Chelsea were terrible he still managed to get less points then Martinez did in his 1st season as Everton manager and finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.
Can't wait till Emery and Monchi come and shut them the hell up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back