Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough....

I have no rational reason for not thinking he'll be great... but since when has supporting Everton FC been about being rational.

If we do get Emery, watch how the dominant stories will all be along the patronising lines of 'they saw how he beat Liverpool' 'that away record is a concern' 'a manager used to working and selling his best players' 'can over perform with mid table clubs' etc.

Hopefully one product of Moshiri's era will be the piping down of the nauseating media establishment.

Most of the sky media are affiliated with Liverpool or United. Liverpool don't like Everton. Simple as that. Everton returning as a giant club is a nightmare to the established elite and their media devotees who are still reeling from City upsetting their lovely 'big 4' arrangement they had going. Bookmakers (like sky bet conveniently) hate uncertainty as well. A league where any of 8 teams can win it is no good for them. They liked the days of United steam filleting it most years with Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool filling their respective positions and the rest of the league doing as they were told.

Its funny how quickly they change stance though. Remember all the ridicule they all gave City when they tried to get Kaka, how dare they, they aren't United or Chelsea etc etc. Now the whole lot of the rats are onboard the Pep bus.

Is everybody convinced about Emery.... without wishing to rain on the parade, I'm not. I accept he has an impressive CV and his appointment would be a coup... but just have a nasty feeling he isn't the right fit. I admit its not my brain or heart talking... but my gut. Then again I championed Roberto three years ago and we all know how that ended.

Personally: Koeman, Mancini or De Boer. This might not be popular opinion!
I'm not sure how you can think De Boer is a better choice than Emery. De Boer would worry me if he got appointed, his football has been described as boring and his brother compared his play style to Martinez. Also the Ajax fans wanted him to leave.

Didn't have time to ready all 2000 pages of posts so I've only read pages numbers that correspond to years when Everton won the F.A. Cup. Here is what I have gleaned.

1906 - Someone called Chris has a mother who 'gives chews out down nethy for a film'. (No idea!)
1933 - Bookies have cut the odds on 'Jal dry bumming someone'.
1966- Moshiri isn't a 'millionario', he's a 'billionario'.
1984 -Milan may not have a Greggs or a Primark.
1995 - Ipswich Town have 507 fans in Norway.

No idea who our next manager will be but it doesn't look like any other bugger on here has either.
Excellent vaulting there.

Most of the sky media are affiliated with Liverpool or United. Liverpool don't like Everton. Simple as that. Everton returning as a giant club is a nightmare to the established elite and their media devotees who are still reeling from City upsetting their lovely 'big 4' arrangement they had going. Bookmakers (like sky bet conveniently) hate uncertainty as well. A league where any of 8 teams can win it is no good for them. They liked the days of United steam rolling it most years with Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool filling their respective positions and the rest of the league doing as they were told.
Amen
The truth from the high alter.

Didn't have time to ready all 2000 pages of posts so I've only read pages numbers that correspond to years when Everton won the F.A. Cup. Here is what I have gleaned.

1906 - Someone called Chris has a mother who 'gives chews out down nethy for a film'. (No idea!)
1933 - Bookies have cut the odds on 'Jal dry bumming someone'.
1966- Moshiri isn't a 'millionario', he's a 'billionario'.
1984 -Milan may not have a Greggs or a Primark.
1995 - Ipswich Town have 507 fans in Norway.

No idea who our next manager will be but it doesn't look like any other bugger on here has either.
No idea!
Nice try mate. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back