Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everybody convinced about Emery.... without wishing to rain on the parade, I'm not. I accept he has an impressive CV and his appointment would be a coup... but just have a nasty feeling he isn't the right fit. I admit its not my brain or heart talking... but my gut. Then again I championed Roberto three years ago and we all know how that ended.

Personally: Koeman, Mancini or De Boer. This might not be popular opinion!

I don't get why sky and the media dislikes us so much.

We are founder members of the Football league, Premier league, We have been relegated ONCE in 138 years(for 1 season and we won the league that season). We've spent 137 years in top flight football, were the 4th most successful club in England. We've never been relegated from the Prem. We have a massive fan base. WE ARE A BIG BIG CLUB, yet I am sure they think Newcastle(who won fek all in 100 years and been relegated twice in 5 years)and Leeds(who haven't been in the top flight for 10 years?) are a bigger club then us.

The other day on talksport, Danny Kelly said Lets talk about the best manager at the biggest clubs in England and if you don't have a manager your not a big club. Then went on about poco at Spurs being a great manager. Correct me if I'm wrong but in a crap season were Man and Chelsea were terrible he still managed to get less points then Martinez did in his 1st season as Everton manager and finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.
Can't wait till Emery and Monchi come and shut them the hell up

Well, Monchi has told Seville he's staying there, for starters.....and Man Utd apparently were looking at him. Fact is its probably one of the most important appointments ever in the history of EFC...with all the available spending power we and other clubs are getting, and I don't blame our new senior shareholder for taking his time on this one...although we will need someone in place before or during the Euros if possible.

2004, good Euro's that, didn't expect the Greeks to win it at all.

Come on Emery, sign on the dotted line, let us get on the ale to enjoy this weekend.

We are founder members of the Football league, Premier league, We have been relegated ONCE in 138 years(for 1 season and we won the league that season). We've spent 137 years in top flight football, were the 4th most successful club in England. We've never been relegated from the Prem. We have a massive fan base. WE ARE A BIG BIG CLUB, yet I am sure they think Newcastle(who won fek all in 100 years and been relegated twice in 5 years)and Leeds(who haven't been in the top flight for 10 years?) are a bigger club then us.

The other day on talksport, Danny Kelly said Lets talk about the best manager at the biggest clubs in England and if you don't have a manager your not a big club. Then went on about poco at Spurs being a great manager. Correct me if I'm wrong but in a crap season were Man and Chelsea were terrible he still managed to get less points then Martinez did in his 1st season as Everton manager and finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Spurs are, and always will be, bottlers of the highest magnitude.

Love this.

Is everybody convinced about Emery.... without wishing to rain on the parade, I'm not. I accept he has an impressive CV and his appointment would be a coup... but just have a nasty feeling he isn't the right fit. I admit its not my brain or heart talking... but my gut. Then again I championed Roberto three years ago and we all know how that ended.

Everyone has their opinion mate.

So, why those three over Emery can i ask?

Didn't have time to ready all 2000 pages of posts so I've only read pages numbers that correspond to years when Everton won the F.A. Cup. Here is what I have gleaned.

1906 - Someone called Chris has a mother who 'gives chews out down nethy for a film'. (No idea!)
1933 - Bookies have cut the odds on 'Jal dry bumming someone'.
1966- Moshiri isn't a 'millionario', he's a 'billionario'.
1984 -Milan may not have a Greggs or a Primark.
1995 - Ipswich Town have 507 fans in Norway.

No idea who our next manager will be but it doesn't look like any other bugger on here has either.

No it ain't mate.

.....I think every appointment carries risk, I don't suppose anybody can be 100% convinced on any candidate.

Most of the sky media are affiliated with Liverpool or United. Liverpool don't like Everton. Simple as that. Everton returning as a giant club is a nightmare to the established elite and their media devotees who are still reeling from City upsetting their lovely 'big 4' arrangement they had going. Bookmakers (like sky bet conveniently) hate uncertainty as well. A league where any of 8 teams can win it is no good for them. They liked the days of United steam rolling it most years with Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool filling their respective positions and the rest of the league doing as they were told.

Nobody knows how well or otherwise any manager will perform here mate, fwiw I would be very happy with those you put forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back