Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually read loads of stuff about him 3 years ago mate, he is utterly brilliant and at the same time an utter lunatic, love the bit about all the seperate positions training seperately from each other though, utter madness yet does seem to work until his players legs fall off with a third of the season to go...

That Bilbao team that smashed United in Europe was breathtaking to watch though, most exciting and hard working team i have seen and utterly bummed Fergusons United all over the shop.

We dont have the players to play his 3-3-3-1 tho.

Which isnt a major issue I suppose.

Someone on 5 live yesterday wanted Warnock in, which is a bit mental really as he's clearly a bit of a nob, at this point we need a manager who won't be scared to tell the lot of them players that they're not too good to be dropped to the reserves if they don't perform, Shaun Dyche would do for me.

We dont have the players to play his 3-3-3-1 tho.

Which isnt a major issue I suppose.

Oh God mate their is literally no chance on earth he will be our next manager - it's just one fo those crazy links that get thrown out

Trying to even imagine what a 3-3-3-1 would actually look like when playing lol

Not just that though was it, he walked into Southampton and they were in turmoil, lost 5 starters and the manager from what finished the season before. He kept his cool, purchased well and has had 2 solid seasons.

Who do you want?

I want Jose.

But I realise thats a little pie in the sky.

2nd choice would be Cocu or De Beor, but im warming towards this Beisla fella.

I want Jose.

Trying to remember if Bilbao played that formation, can remember they had three attacking mids behind Llorent, Muiniesa, Suseta and i think Herrera so maybe he did play that - in which case it looked bloody brilliant like when they dry bummed United

I want Jose.

Im also warming to the Beisla guy, especially if it was him who had Bilboa playing that football a few years ago, they were excellent, especially with a limited pool of players to choose from.

Koeman shouts honestly baffle me, hes done nothing at Southampton, we went there and utterly dicked them this season.

People always say "hes had all his best players sold", Adam Lllanana? LOL, hes also spent 110m on players in 2 years, leave the fat headed beaut where he is I say.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. He did lose quite a few more players than Llalana though. They were all key players for his side, irrespective how they since performed for their new club. Let's be honest here, players like Fellaini and Arteta also never had the same impact for Man Ure and Arsenal as they did for us. He replaced them quite well imo and he'll have them finish above us for the second season running.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. He did lose quite a few more players than Llalana though. They were all key players for his side, irrespective how they since performed for their new club. Let's be honest here, players like Fellaini and Arteta also never had the same impact for Man Ure and Arsenal as they did for us. He replaced them quite well imo and he'll have them finish above us for the second season running.

Do you want a list of managers who have managed to finish above Martinez?

Its a long, long list.

I'll happily put my neck on the line here, but if we were to wait until the end of the season then I would theoretically still take Benitez.

That's if he doesn't take Newcastle on in the long term of course, which I sincerely doubt he will as the ship he's inherited looks certain to sink.

And yes his time over in the shed and some of his comments have left a pretty sour taste, and it would be something hard to originally except.

But he's a proven manager as shown by his trophy haul and with experience of the Premier League and football at the highest levels.

From all accounts he's also highly regarded by most players he's managed and has been able to attract and retain numerous high-profile talents.

With the squad we've already got and extra money at his disposal to bring in talent, then I think he'd be able to push us in the right direction.

Would he come? Probably not as he's pretty loyal to Liverpool. Would I also want others like José before him? Yes of course I would.

I accept that most fans would be horrified by such an idea which is fair enough, but without the Blue-tinted glasses I think he'd be a good option.

And anyway... the likes of Watson, Harper, Hickson, Sheedy, Don Hutchinson and Ablett have all switched sides so I'm sure we could handle it.

I can't see it we would either be bottom 3 or top 3 at Christmas

His teams always started really well then faded due to the amount of work the put into trainign and games by all accounts, the records of his seasons shows thats pretty spot on, so top at xmas - 12th by the end of the seaosn year in year out :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back