Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If things unfold with Martinez as most of us expect, De Boer would be the most likely candidate. You just get the feeling it's his "turn" now, but obviously the board would need to be satisfied/happy in appointing him. Not my 1st choice, but would offer defensive stability and bring a good staff with him. I would welcome him here.

My only reluctance with this guy is that he has been working in a league that saw Steve McClaren win the league championship with Twente. The Premier League is a different kettle of fish.

My preference is one of Mancini or Pellegrini, both have experience in the Premier League at a club where ambition, pressure and expectation are in abundance. Both have managed that pressure and expectation and brought success.

De Boer is looking to come to the Prem, he was open to talks with Swansea, reading what he says here and what he's looking for, he'd definitely come here now Moshiri is on-board.

When asked by Dutch media about his next move, De Boer said: ‘First you have to see what the plan is at a club and what I and the people I would take with me could add to it.

‘The last club I was linked with was Swansea City. I have had no contact with them at this time.

‘But what if these people paint me a pretty picture that they are in that category of clubs with which I could do something beautiful? Like clubs such as Tottenham and Liverpool.

‘Those are the sort of clubs with which you would want to work. But the most important thing would be the feeling I get.’

It's how we'll end up relegated under Martinez mark my words, every other club In the league will hire a higher calibre of manager (seeing it with Ranieri, Koeman, Bilic, Hughes to an extent) and we'll be overtaken and next season there won't be pee poor teams like Villa and Sunderland keeping teams above them up.

Don't want Bielsa his record at being at clubs isn't very long

Exactly mate, I don't think the hierarchy would want him here long, but he is effective in a small amount of time - like a glorified Alan Pardew.

What he could do in the 3 seasons could set us up for a long time though

We would allow him to build a team where Southampton sell all the players. He is the most releastic option for us with pellegrini.

Simone, Emery,Jose will see Everton as a step down but the R's did pull klopp which will turn out to be a great piece of move by them. Pep and Conte with klopp might tempt the likes of Simone and the world class managers to this league and we have money so but would need our club to be ambitious. It's all in Moshiri hands. Is he astue enough?

Just the thought of Simeone dancing around the touchlines when we beat the lot at Anfield send chills down my spine.

Make it happen Moshiri.

Well, Cocu with less resources won it last season with a bunch of players he brought from the youth team...this season after losing players like Depay hes pretty much on track again and did very well in the champions league. I think over a 5+ year period it appears that he would do better than de boer based upon the short timescale we can look at now.

I'd see Mourinho as a first choice as he has a point to prove and puts us on the global map.

Tuchel as hes proven now he can follow Klopp and also improve on his work with a more exciting possession based style yet the same players mostly.

Very interesting call from @brieverton there on the monaco manager. Hes actually a new mourinho type having been a manager since his late 20's i think...the only concern with him is that hes been sacked twice due to internal arguments at clubs.
Where do you get the impression that Cocu has such less resources to his disposal than De Boer? If anything I'm convinced that PSV has outspend Ajax over the last 5 years or so. Also PSV's budget is only a few million less than that of Ajax. Still, both Cocu and De Boer are interesting shouts. Think it's time for them to prove themselves in a more competitive league. If we decide to go Dutch, my preference would be Ronald Koeman though over both of them.

Where do you get the impression that Cocu has such less resources to his disposal than De Boer? If anything I'm convinced that PSV has outspend Ajax over the last 5 years or so. Also PSV's budget is only a few million less than that of Ajax. Still, both Cocu and De Boer are interesting shouts. Think it's time for them to prove themselves in a more competitive league. If we decide to go Dutch, my preference would be Ronald Koeman though over both of them.

Which of De Boer and Cocu do you prefer mate?

Whoever comes in (and it must now be surely WHEN not IF), I for one would find it a refreshing change to see a high-energy side pressing opponents, instead of watching them stroll around in flip-flops for 90 mins.

Heart says Cocu, but have to admit I'm a firm fence sitter on De Boer. Don't really follow Ajax that much as I just can't stand the arrogant bastards. There seems to be quite some criticism aimed at De Boer from time to time by fans and media. Think no one can fault his track record for them though.

Cocu has that weird nose though. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Warnock used to have Sheff United in semi finals all the time. I'm told that's all that matters.

On a serious note, the obsession with having a manager stay in the job for years could do with going away. It doesn't matter.

Good idea mate, maybe captain Jags could put in a good word for us due to his Sheff Utd links? *prays*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back