Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant quite believe Moley pulled it out of the bag at the bitter end...

That said he did say it would be Unai by the end of this week... But then Esk said his info was spot on.

Confusing!! Either way, welcome Ronald!!

Had two separate confirmations that Koeman deal is "done" - he was clearly Moshiri's #1 target at the beginning of the process even though it looked like he'd lost that position when Emery became a possibility and received an offer.

Assuming the DoF is sorted quickly we are in a fantastic position to enjoy the summer, re-vamp the squad, hopefully keep our major players and obviously buy some genuine talent with the funds Moshiri is making available to the club.

It's another step in the process of turning us into a truly competitive club once more. So much to look forward to!

Thanks again mate for the info you've passed on and how generous you've been with your time keeping all us knee jerkers up to date!

I'm happy with Koeman and if it weren't for Emery coming on the scene, I'd have been chuffed. Hopefully this is the start of something special. And again mate, many many thanks for the info.

Enjoy the next few days before you get bombarded with transfer questions!!! lol

I think that Koeman was number 1 from the beginning and the deal was probably done in the last week through agents. Emery may have been just back up.

He was not my first choice as he has had a few questionable jobs but he has been successful at 4 previous jobs but now it's time for everyone to get behind the new manager 100% as this is a big big job. It's easy for us here to say this and that but the moral is very low in the club.

Their opinion is that Koeman is a disaster. And they may have a point. When Valencia sacked Sánchez-Flores, they were four points off the top; now, they're 35 points off. Worse still, they're just two points above the relegation zone and have the hardest run-in of the struggling clubs: Osasuna, Barcelona, Zaragoza, Levante and Atlético. They've picked up just 18 of a possible 66 points since he took over, winning just four in 22 and completing their worst ever season at Mestalla. Last night's 5-1 defeat was their worst away result in 25 years and they've won just once in the last six, losing the other five. Mind you, that win was against soon-to-be-champions Real Madrid in the same week that they defeated Barcelona in the Cup, creating a sudden surge of optimism. And they did win the Copa del Rey

Trouble is, the Cup has only revealed the depth of the division, making the warring parties even more entrenched. From Koeman's point of view, winning the Cup showed he could succeed if only the players could be bothered more often; from everyone else's point of view, it showed that Valencia could succeed if only he'd leave, some players slyly letting it be known that they'd ditched Koeman's tactics and done it their way. Joaquín admitted that Koeman's 4-3-3 has the players "running round with headless chickens".

Before the thread is closed, I'd just like to say
61779481.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back