Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone saying Emery the bloke doesn't speak a word of English. He might not have wanted to have come to England etc. I'm just happy if it's true that we have a manager who has done a good job of rebuilding a team and is able to play good attacking football but doesn't neglect the defence in doing so.

After the previous 2 seasons under the fraud we need someone to build us back into a top 6 side, some of our fans sound like Man City fans, we are rich but not that rich.

Many thanks for all your invaluable info mate but I have to ask, was they the very high profile manager that the media think we can't attract appointment you'd have hoped / thought was going to happen about 1000 pages ago?
I am not knocking you at all but this appointment doesn't exactly do it for me on that level mate

Batters my head every time I see one of your posts and think "I don't remember posting that, have I been drunk posting again?" lol

Going to be gutted if it's not the Emery/Monchi combo as 3 back to back Europa leagues is nothing to be sniffed at. However Koeman is a step up from the Hughes/Pullis/Coyle types we've been linked with over the years, and post Moyes. It'll be interesting now to see if we go for Overmars or Monchi as DoF. Hopefully he'll bring some of Tadic, Van Dijck, Mane or Ward-Prowse with him.

Welcome Ronald
1422014954-c7cfc719f7a5cf111884db6ec84fa12f-600x902.jpg

I would also say it sends out a pretty big message to the media if it happens, plucky little Everton have just stolen a manager off a team that has European football next season thanks to the lromiserver of big wages and traanger funds, the media will actually pick up their ears and see we mean business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back