Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted with Koeman personally. Ticks all the right boxes. Very balanced manager. Poaching the manager from another Prem club who finished above us last two years in a row, and who have Europe next season, sends out a message.

All those moaning about 'safe' can stow it. Safe and successful aren't mutually exclusive.

Owen Coyle, DiMatteo, Moyes, O'Neil, Stubbs, - the likes that were available this time also. Who were we looking at, Koeman, DeBoer, Emery, FFS even Mourihno and Simeone....... times have changed, if this had been any normal manager appointment by Everton, those first 5 I have mentioned are the type of manager we would have ended up with.

I think Koeman is a very good manager...so I am pleased with the outcome.
Without wishing to offend some on here who backed Booby to the hilt, I believe Martinez's ineptitude did a fair bit of damage to EFC. Thank God for Mr Moshiri.
The de-wigertonisation of our team can commence.
Koeman has my complete faith and support.

Thanks mate.

Being realistic an appointment above Koeman's level, Mourinho, Simeone, and even perhaps Emery whilst we all hoped for it and there was genuine interest from Emery, was too great a stretch given where the club has found itself after years of no investment and the onfield performance of the last two years.

Moshiri's plans have obviously excited Koeman, if we can get Monchi alongside then we've got something special to help us fulfill our ambitions.
This ^

Koeman is a great appointment for us, and Monchi along side him armed with some serious backing is incredibly exciting.

I think Chico should be bookmarking plenty of the comments this evening lol

Made up with this

To quote Lrrr after watching Single Female Lawyer:

"We are reasonably satisfied with the events we have seen. Overall I would rate it a C+, OK, not great."

maxresdefault.jpg

I put Jose as first choice. Then when he was out of running I chose Koeman. Main reason for him rather than De Boer was the Prem experience he already had. Didnt want Pellegrini and obviously not Moyes. But when the Emery option started to brew I sort of warmed to that albeit with a bit of trepidation because he doesn't know the league or speak good English. His Europa league exploits being a massive positive though.
But if Koeman is confirmed I'll take that. Whilst not spectacular its a big enough upgrade on Martinez to kick start me back into a good feeling about our chances of moving up the league. If Monchi or Overmars follow as DOF that'll make it better again in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back