Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MARSEILLE_BIELSA-400x195.jpg

Yes, really. A disastrous few days at Anfield and the semi may change my thinking, but right now I'm not convinced he's in any real danger of being replaced.

Like I say, he should be.

I am convinced he is. Everton might be a club that does things right, etc etc etc, but Moshiri aint going to risk his cash based on the evidence before his eyes. IMO

I can't see Beilsa getting the job. I think he may have been approached but only as part of a process. As for Bill it won't be his decision who will get the job. Moshiri will have the final say and it may be his reps putting feelers out. I also think it could be a total surprise who gets the job.

I can't see Beilsa getting the job. I think he may have been approached but only as part of a process. As for Bill it won't be his decision who will get the job. Moshiri will have the final say and it may be his reps putting feelers out. I also think it could be a total surprise who gets the job.

could you clear that one for me. is it like they would be asking around if certain managers would be interested? is that an common way to do things in this kind of situation?

I think Bielsa will have been consulted as an expert to recommend a shortlist of managers.

No way does Moshiri hire such an unstable character based upon long term growth of the club.

He may have been approached also as a director of football above Martinez. Though Martinez fits the requiements of that role perfectly.

I am convinced he is. Everton might be a club that does things right, etc etc etc, but Moshiri aint going to risk his cash based on the evidence before his eyes. IMO
I think so much rests on the cup. I wouldn't bet against us raising our game for the semi, and then the final. Can you then really see the board sacking a manager that's just delivered silverware for the first time in 20 odd years?

It would be very difficult to do. Even a cup win is not enough for me because it will just paper over the cracks and I'd expect the same level of guff to carry on next season too and that would be disastrous.

We have the nucleus of a very good side, we can't afford to let that be broken up and I feel it will be if Martinez stays.

One or two still might go anyway, but a "name" manager would give us a better chance of those players at least staying another season to see what he can produce. Armed with transfer cash to add to what we've got then we'd all enjoy our summer and head in to the new season with renewed optimism.

Would that optimism be there if Martinez hangs on to his job? I don't think it will be. We MUST make that change.

But that "What a manager" quip from Kenwright literally only a few weeks ago makes me uncomfortable.

I think Bielsa will have been consulted as an expert to recommend a shortlist of managers.

No way does Moshiri hire such an unstable character based upon long term growth of the club.

He may have been approached also as a director of football above Martinez. Though Martinez fits the requiements of that role perfectly.

Bielsa - quoted by Guardiola, Pocch, and numerous other managers as one of the greatest football minds of his generation and someone Guardiola himself sought out for advice before going into management. Invented a brand of football that had never been seen before and one which has inspired numerous world class managers

Martinez - laid the blueprints for Swansea that inspired Rodgers and Monk, signed Kone and Alcaraz twice

Tough choice who is better for that role really

Oh and Bielsa above Martinez - DoF set in place a system to be used, Bielsa's system is as utterly different to martinez as you can get mate on a serious note, it is all about maximum fitness and none stop pressing of the opponent as a bare minimum and massive and i mean massive amounts of training in every last detail of the game

Just looking at PSV since Cocu took over theyve played and developed the kids from their youth team.

I cant paste the link on my phone but read that last season squad average age was 23 and they sold Wijnaldum and Depay and replaced them with youth players.

This season just 2 points behind Ajax after losing their stars and having only gone out of the champions league to Atletico on penalties.

Can i ask why Koeman?

Ajax
Benfica
PSV
Valencia
AZ Alkmaar

Fired after poor results at those teams and seems like he only did well since 2011 with feyenoord really then southampton hes basically brought in most players from the same kind of region to replace sales...

I dont think he seems like a top manager in comparison to Cocu really who was u19 coach at PSV then when he got the full job brought the kids straight through as fast as he could...and seems like he created a conveyor belt.

I wonder if De Boer isnt also just more of a figurehead manager as at ajax he could be fully reliant on his assistants. It was rumoured that bergkamp was the brains behind them and arsenal fans wanted him a year or two ago.
Yeah, they did/do have a young squad, but it's not like they developed all those players themselves. Wijnaldum was signed from Feyenoord and Depay from Sparta. Also paid big money for some of their other star players like Luuk de Jong.

Koeman developed as a manager over the years imo. Agree he didn't really have a bright start to his managerial career, but did very well at Feyenoord given the circumstances he had to work in. Also doing a fine job at Soton. At least that's my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back