Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next PSG manager
I think it was one of the more informative posters on here that had said (it was documented in the press) when the CITY JOB CAME UP A FEW YEARS AGO (sorry caps) that Jose had said the only other team in blue he would mange in the UK would be us .... Got to be a better option than the Syrian national team !!!!!! ...........

Don't win the cup and he'll be gone at the end of the season

Win the cup and theirs a slim chance he'll be given the summer but ultimately he still isn't good enough and would be sacked early next situation.

Theirs no possible scenario where Martinez is involved in our long term future. He's finished at Everton be it in 4 weeks or 4 months time

That has no logic but it's a very likely scenario.. therefore, those who don't want Martinez here will be wishing we lose either the semi or final.

Our squad needs a good overhaul, lots of players collecting a wage that never play. Bielsa would do that.
Think it was at Marseille he got rid of 8 or 9 players and then promoted youth players to fill the gap. I'd take him on a 2/3 season contract to clean house and get the Moshiri era into swing.

I don't want Martinez here, but would never wish Everton to lose a single game in order to get rid. Certainly not a semi final or a cup final.

That's the dilemma though isn't it?

Board wont sack a cup winning manager over the summer and would you want RM to spend the "War Chest" that Mr Mosh has promised?

I don't want Martinez here, but would never wish Everton to lose a single game in order to get rid. Certainly not a semi final or a cup final.

Just get rid of him at the end of the season. Cup win or no cup win.

I agree with you but it would be very difficult to get rid of him if we win our first trophy for 20 years. Peoples opinions will change in favour of keeping him.

I don't think we are going to win the cup under him though, and the most daring option would be fire him now and take the chance that we might stand more chance of winning it under our caretakers - hopefully Sheedy and Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back