Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you but it would be very difficult to get rid of him if we win our first trophy for 20 years. Peoples opinions will change in favour of keeping him.

I don't think we are going to win the cup under him though, and the most daring option would be fire him now and take the chance that we might stand more chance of winning it under our caretakers - hopefully Sheedy and Unsworth
Under Big Dunc.

I agree with you but it would be very difficult to get rid of him if we win our first trophy for 20 years. Peoples opinions will change in favour of keeping him.

I don't think we are going to win the cup under him though, and the most daring option would be fire him now and take the chance that we might stand more chance of winning it under our caretakers - hopefully Sheedy and Unsworth
Don't really understand why it would be difficult. He should get sacked because of our league form over the last 2 seasons. Without Lukaku and some very poor teams like Villa and Newcastle, we would've been in a relegation scrap by now. Shouldn't be prepared to take another massive risk with him next season.

Jose doesn't seem the right fit for them IMO. They've been banging on about wanting someone to fit their culture of attacking football and developing youngsters. That's the opposite of Jose.
Jose always admired us, especially at Goodison, he knows there is a great vibe about this club.

It would satisfy him more taking us somewhere than going to Utd, and it's a massive rebuild there, not guaranteed anything and the pressure would be on from day one.

Mourinho has achieved everything in the game managing top club after top club, maybe he fancies a change.

Jose always admired us, especially at Goodison, he knows there is a great vibe about this club.

It would satisfy him more taking us somewhere than going to Utd, and it's a massive rebuild there, not guaranteed anything and the pressure would be on from day one.

Mourinho has achieved everything in the game managing top club after top club, maybe he fancies a change.
He also buys success. He'd need to be promised a colossal wedge to spend if he was to come here.

Pellegrini or Bielsa?? if it was between the two
That nutty Argie bloke has a decent record, more to the point he has vast experience at managing at the top level, Martinez has been a gamble that didn't pay off.

CftIgVmWcAEQ05l.jpg:large

Don't really understand why it would be difficult. He should get sacked because of our league form over the last 2 seasons. Without Lukaku and some very poor teams like Villa and Newcastle, we would've been in a relegation scrap by now. Shouldn't be prepared to take another massive risk with him next season.

Exactly, might not have the players to save us or cup runs to save him and we would be where???

He also buys success. He'd need to be promised a colossal wedge to spend if he was to come here.
He proved himself at Porto, from then on the richest clubs in Europe have been courting his services, it would be rude not to spend their cash.

He'd have enough money to spend here on this current squad to really achieve something he'd be proud of, to take us into the top 4 and keep us there would be a fantastic chapter in his book.

I think he'd prove more doing that than doing the same old thing he's been doing for 10 years at Utd.

and although we frustrated the hell out of him, I would imagine, in hindsight, he's probably impressed with the way we doggedly held on to Stones. There's no way he'd want to manage a selling club but I'm not sure if we are that anymore (with the exception of players like Lukaku)

So does every top manager, because they've earned the right to be at clubs where they WILL be backed with huge money.

He didn't buy success when he won the Champions League with Porto.
You're right on Porto - but I dislike Mourinho's short-term ethos.

If you're in a position to consider Mourinho (I don't think we are), you might as well aim higher. I'd want a dynasty creating with a focus on youth development, not a three year success time bomb.

He proved himself at Porto, from then on the richest clubs in Europe have been courting his services, it would be rude not to spend their cash.

He'd have enough money to spend here on this current squad to really achieve something he'd be proud of, to take us into the top 4 and keep us there would be a fantastic chapter in his book.

I think he'd prove more doing that than doing the same old thing he's been doing for 10 years at Utd.
Mourinho's basically been consumed by his ego over the years. I'd have Porto Mourinho all day. But not Chelsea Mourinho.

That's the dilemma though isn't it?

Board wont sack a cup winning manager over the summer and would you want RM to spend the "War Chest" that Mr Mosh has promised?

I'd put up with another few months of Martinez if it meant winning a trophy.

But I'm fairly confident he won't be here in the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back