Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, Jose has said he wants a job in England.

The jobs that could possibly be open to him this Summer will be :

Us
Arsenal
Utd
Swansea
Norwich

Word round the campfire is Utd dont want him, so its us or Arse I reckon.

:pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2:

Think the Arsenal job is one he would never be accpeted by the fans in mate, too much love for Wenger even with the ones who now want him out to ever accpet somene who hates him lol

Maybe!. It would give us a nice chance to see what Dunc can do without much risk or expectation.
I would like to think he could at least motivate them........ at the end of the day........ he has done all his coaching badges ...with the dream of managing us.I would love to see him get the job for the last few games.I have more faith in us winning the cup under him than I do Bobby.

I would like to think he could at least motivate them........ at the end of the day........ he has done all his coaching badges ...with the dream of managing us.I would love to see him get the job for the last few games.I have more faith in us winning the cup under him than I do Bobby.

me too

Sorry for taking a day to reply lol
When you look at De Boer changing things depending on the opposition what opposition and results are you referring to? As they should be winning every game in their league with their resources.

Cocu on th other hand (and i may be wrong) is playing more attractive attacking possession based football within a tight budget compared to Ajax and could be the league champions again this season in his second year.

For me Cocu is a far superior manager in Europe as well.
Their budgets are nearly the same, at least spending-wise, in the last few years, and Cocu only had better results in Europe this year compared to Ajax, which flopped early in the champions league quals and EL. Last few years Ajax have also had ridiculous groups which usually had eventual finalists/winners in it as well. I can see your point though.

Style of football is horses for courses, as Martinez also came with the "attractive attacking possession based football" tag and that really went down the toilet really quick. Personally I'd want a more practical manager that isn't afraid to switch it up based on opposition, so to say, as that is a better and more winning way for England.

Both are coming from a relatively easier league though, so that's also a worry if we were to consider them I suppose.

That list was a personal opinion list anyway, I'm not forcing it on anyone!

Also PSV lost badly to AVB's Zenit both home and away last time, didn't they? lol

Was talking to a mate today who in all fairness is generally clued up on football. What scared me is when I was ranting about Martinez was his reply, which I think generally represents the image of Everton as a whole.

He came back to me with, "apart from Moyes, is there really anyone else out there not free who would go to Everton?" He's never been disparaging about Everton before, and it spoke volumes really. We're seen from the outside as a whole as we were pre-Moyes, just another old club with its best days behind us. With how influential the media appear to be these days in the hype surrounding new managers, will we be able to attract the top quality? Honestly think that's what is needed, if anything, just to keep our four best players at the club. Without those players we're looking at another three years at least to get back to where we are now.

How do you know this mate ?

DUNCAN Ferguson has revealed how he is loving life as a first team coach at Everton.

The Blues hero is one of Roberto Martinez’s senior assistants at Goodison, and has immersed himself in his passion for tactics since passing the Uefa A licence coaching badge.

He said: “This is my addiction. I love it, can’t get enough of it. I’m a great admirer of Barcelona and Marcelo Bielsa, that Chile team, the way they played that intense press, 3-3-3-1.

“Developing from within is my big passion. I like to test myself on academy players, see where they end up. I started doing that four years ago, predicting their progression, seeing if I get it right.

“We’ve got a great set-up with the academy, education programmes that are second to none. There was nothing like that when I was coming through.”

from the echo last year mate

Sorry for taking a day to reply lol

Their budgets are nearly the same, at least spending-wise, in the last few years, and Cocu only had better results in Europe this year compared to Ajax, which flopped early in the champions league quals and EL. Last few years Ajax have also had ridiculous groups which usually had eventual finalists/winners in it as well. I can see your point though.

Style of football is horses for courses, as Martinez also came with the "attractive attacking possession based football" tag and that really went down the toilet really quick. Personally I'd want a more practical manager that isn't afraid to switch it up based on opposition, so to say, as that is a better and more winning way for England.

Both are coming from a relatively easier league though, so that's also a worry if we were to consider them I suppose.

That list was a personal opinion list anyway, I'm not forcing it on anyone!

Also PSV lost badly to AVB's Zenit both home and away last time, didn't they? lol
You take as long as you like mate.......... it's the Weekend....... have a beer or two and knock yourself out lol

Was talking to a mate today who in all fairness is generally clued up on football. What scared me is when I was ranting about Martinez was his reply, which I think generally represents the image of Everton as a whole.

He came back to me with, "apart from Moyes, is there really anyone else out there not free who would go to Everton?" He's never been disparaging about Everton before, and it spoke volumes really. We're seen from the outside as a whole as we were pre-Moyes, just another old club with its best days behind us. With how influential the media appear to be these days in the hype surrounding new managers, will we be able to attract the top quality? Honestly think that's what is needed, if anything, just to keep our four best players at the club. Without those players we're looking at another three years at least to get back to where we are now.
A sense of perspective is important, but let's not go overboard here.

Of all the hundreds of managerial jobs around the world, there are maybe 20 or so clubs more desirable than Everton.

We're a solid fixture of the most exciting and most watched league in the world. On a global scale, we may not be in the absolute elite, but we're big-hitters.

A sense of perspective is important, but let's not go overboard here.

Of all the hundreds of managerial jobs around the world, there are maybe 20 or so clubs more desirable than Everton.

We're a solid fixture of the most exciting and most watched league in the world. On a global scale, we may not be in the absolute elite, but we're big-hitters.
Probably top twenty financially at this point, too. Outside of the Premier League, only a handful of clubs are going to have higher revenues than ours -- Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern, maybe Atlético and Juve.

Has anyone said Mancini yet? Not that I'd particularly want him but he seems a likely fit if we try and pull a biggish name ... which we have to if we want to try and keep our decent players imo

I wouldn't say that tbh. We've now got more money and this season was shambolic, it won't take long for a better manager to see the quality of the players we have, but that's it - we need a quality manager. Obviously we can't get a Jose and so on, as that's just about impossible (even though Samuel Eto'o once played for us lol ), but there's many very good managers who win things around the world who will be up for the challenge, I'd say.

In the examples I gave earlier and a few posts ago - de Boer, Cocu - it is a challenge for them, yes, but we'd also offer better resources and "visibility", so if, say, Frank de Boer wants to prove that he's as great a manager as people are touting him to be - we can offer the perfect platform for that.

In fact, with the general consensus being that we might actually lose some of our better players (Lukaku, Stones) - he'll be able to build with players to his liking, rather than having to work for a season with players who might not fit his preferred formation/style/"philosophy", and spending money won't be a problem. We're no longer a club which considers £10m to be the type of money we need to sell our training ground for, or take several loans as well, which will help even if said players are to remain at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back