Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with him since he's become first team coach, I think it was around the time of his testimonial. He was discussing other coaches and he said how much he enjoyed Bielsa's style of play and that he was a big fan of it.

I linked the bit from that article above mate

Was talking to a mate today who in all fairness is generally clued up on football. What scared me is when I was ranting about Martinez was his reply, which I think generally represents the image of Everton as a whole.

He came back to me with, "apart from Moyes, is there really anyone else out there not free who would go to Everton?" He's never been disparaging about Everton before, and it spoke volumes really. We're seen from the outside as a whole as we were pre-Moyes, just another old club with its best days behind us. With how influential the media appear to be these days in the hype surrounding new managers, will we be able to attract the top quality? Honestly think that's what is needed, if anything, just to keep our four best players at the club. Without those players we're looking at another three years at least to get back to where we are now.

Except for one important aspect, we now have a different majority shareholder. Could that make a difference?

Was talking to a mate today who in all fairness is generally clued up on football. What scared me is when I was ranting about Martinez was his reply, which I think generally represents the image of Everton as a whole.

He came back to me with, "apart from Moyes, is there really anyone else out there not free who would go to Everton?" He's never been disparaging about Everton before, and it spoke volumes really. We're seen from the outside as a whole as we were pre-Moyes, just another old club with its best days behind us. With how influential the media appear to be these days in the hype surrounding new managers, will we be able to attract the top quality? Honestly think that's what is needed, if anything, just to keep our four best players at the club. Without those players we're looking at another three years at least to get back to where we are now.
You say your mate is generally clued up about football & then he speaks utter drivel. Only last week an article was published how much does you manager get paid mythinez was £3million per year Sanchez Flores at Watford £1 million.

When Moyes was manager an article was published showing him to be in the top ten highest paid managers in world football.

We are 19th (please someone correct me if I am a couple of places out) for income in the whole world.

Your mate is anything but clued up

wonder if we are sounding out people before sacking? rogers was only sacked once they knew kloppity plop was available

Everyone else seems to know who he is.

Must just be us.

If they're contacting people you can bet he isn't the only one.

To add to what I said on twits, remember a couple of seasons ago Atletico Bilbao played Man United in the Europa with an insanely young fast bright team and tonked them everywhere?

He was boss.

I would like to think he could at least motivate them........ at the end of the day........ he has done all his coaching badges ...with the dream of managing us.I would love to see him get the job for the last few games.I have more faith in us winning the cup under him than I do Bobby.

Why can't he motivate them now? He's part of the management team so what's he doing? I'd get rid of him along with Martinez, Jones and Lawrence. None of them have shown anything to make me think they're good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back