Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we resist? You're reportedly offering to make him the 4th highest-paid manager in the league. It'd be stupid for us to even try and match your offer.

Agreed but they're trying to save face with the Soton supporters who are less level-headed than you and just see a stream of people heading out the door every summer.

I'd prefer Emery I think. That said, Koeman has done a fairly solid job in the the Prem with a club that's sold their better players year on year from under him.

Their respective Valencia careers are a point in favour of Emery, but La Liga is not the Prem. Just because Emery is a brilliant manager in Europa and La Liga doesn't mean he'd cut in in England, whereas Koeman seems to suit the English game.

Still would prefer Emery. Maybe I'm too removed from the situation, but Koeman doesn't seem like the big statement appointment that we were hoping for.

image.webp
Jesus Christ......... I'm pacing around the house like an expectant Father FFS
I'd prefer Emery I think. That said, Koeman has done a fairly solid job in the the Prem with a club that's sold their better players year on year from under him.

Their respective Valencia careers are a point in favour of Emery, but La Liga is not the Prem. Just because Emery is a brilliant manager in Europa and La Liga doesn't mean he'd cut in in England, whereas Koeman seems to suit the English game.

Still would prefer Emery. Maybe I'm too removed from the situation, but Koeman doesn't seem like the big statement appointment that we were hoping for.
i sort of feel the same but then I also think Kieman did s more than on job with saints Twice they gave sold players out from under him and twice he had turned in a decent result
Emery fir all the jarg never win away from home last season
I think he was bait to get Monch as DoF
It's always been Kieman hit the Mosh

View attachment 24303

i sort of feel the same but then I also think Kieman did s more than on job with saints Twice they gave sold players out from under him and twice he had turned in a decent result
Emery fir all the jarg never win away from home last season
I think he was bait to get Monch as DoF
It's always been Kieman hit the Mosh

Koeman has sold 9 players and bought in 15.

Lets not act like he hasnt been backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back