Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Emery I think. That said, Koeman has done a fairly solid job in the the Prem with a club that's sold their better players year on year from under him.

Their respective Valencia careers are a point in favour of Emery, but La Liga is not the Prem. Just because Emery is a brilliant manager in Europa and La Liga doesn't mean he'd cut in in England, whereas Koeman seems to suit the English game.

Still would prefer Emery. Maybe I'm too removed from the situation, but Koeman doesn't seem like the big statement appointment that we were hoping for.
If Sevilla didn't play a lot like the team that won the league here I'd agree with you. But let's run down the list:

-high energy: check
-rock solid defence: check
-rapid countering: check
-mass pressing: check
-off the ball movement: check

I don't see any reason why bringing that over here wouldn't be anything other than very successful.

Last edited:
If Koeman cant attract big players who can? As a player highest scoring defender of all time, scored the winning Goal in the European Cup Final for Barcelona, probably the biggest club in the world. Won the euros with his country.

As a manager won league titles, Cups, got a yo-yo team lie southampton into Europe, but most of all people who work for him play for him something which was vastly a miss at Everton Last season.

Some Dutch fella on TalkS***e called Marcel at the moment saying Southampton are making it difficult for Koeman to leave, but talks continue on compensation. No mention though of throwing in Niasse.

First time in years I have listened to this radio programme, shows the level of desperation here.

You've got me reading 8 year old translated news now.

I do agree with what you said, from looking the whole club was in a complete mess, players being taken to court, power struggles in the board room, very fractured, but its the job of a manager to try and shield the players from all that stuff.

Some Dutch fella on TalkS***e called Marcel at the moment saying Southampton are making it difficult for Koeman to leave, but talks continue.

First time in years I have listened to this radio programme, shows the level of desperation here.
Just listening to it. Saints fans calling up saying they rate Koeman better than Potch. Still belittling Everton suggesting he should hold out for Arsenal but seems likely to happen

Just listening to it. Saints fans calling up saying they rate Koeman better than Potch. Still belittling Everton suggesting he should hold out for Arsenal but seems likely to happen

I bet last season they were moaning about Koeman in some regards but now he is leaving he is the greatest manager ever.

Koeman is fine. A decent manager who can organise a defence. Seems ludicrously overpaid if that is his real salary but I'm not paying it so meh. He is the Dutch Moyes without the experience setting up a backroom team.

My only worries are that he has previously worked within a director of football structure. Does he even have a scouting team? Hopefully we get the DOF structure set up soon if that is what we are going for. Surely you'd do the DOF before you recruited the manager if you were going along that route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back