Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mourinho, does he stay at clubs for the long/medium term?

We could do with a manager who will come in, develop the young players and bring them on. He did it at Porto, but will he risk his reputation at a club where getting into the top 4 or winning a trophy is our initial definition of success?

I can understand the hesitation some might have, but we've been nearly men for far too long.
Plenty for Mourinho to work with, should have more money coming in for transfers, I don't think he'll rip up the floorboards as well as the carpet should he come.

We need someone who can bring a winning mentality here, that most of all is what we need to push on.
The incumbent isn't cutting the mustard.

I can understand the hesitation some might have, but we've been nearly men for far too long.
Plenty for Mourinho to work with, should have more money coming in for transfers, I don't think he'll rip up the floorboards as well as the carpet should he come.

We need someone who can bring a winning mentality here, that most of all is what we need to push on.
The incumbent isn't cutting the mustard.
I watch competitive esports (vidya games) and a guy went from a player one poorish team, who he'd been with for ages, to coach of another relatively successful team. He said after he joined that he could now understand why his previous team was never successful. The setup and communication and coaching was on a level he'd never realised before. That's what our next manager needs to do. Show our club what it takes to win things cause I'm not sure anyone there knows what it takes.

I watch competitive esports (vidya games) and a guy went from a player one poorish team, who he'd been with for ages, to coach of another relatively successful team. He said after he joined that he could now understand why his previous team was never successful. The setup and communication and coaching was on a level he'd never realised before. That's what our next manager needs to do. Show our club what it takes to win things cause I'm not sure anyone there knows what it takes.
I agree, never mind the dugout, there's not enough leadership on the field itself.
Players don't fight for each other and the fans and take responsibility.

For all that Martinez bangs on about character, we don't seem to have enough of that and street smarts in the current squad.

Please never ever compare managing a football team to coaching a CSGO team mate.

So potentially next season we may have investment and a decent manager? This all just feels too un Everton like. Where's the huge looming black clouds, talks of 'maybe a couple of loans' in the summer, Megson at lowest odds for next manager. The last 20 years really has been cruel.

Re: Mourinho, does he stay at clubs for the long/medium term?

We could do with a manager who will come in, develop the young players and bring them on. He did it at Porto, but will he risk his reputation at a club where getting into the top 4 or winning a trophy is our initial definition of success?

Who cares? If he lands is in the top 4 and picked up trophies what would it matter if he lost the plot a bit after three seasons? Martinez was hailed as a long term visionary but seemingly is destined for the same managerial life expectancy as some of these so called short term managers.

Top managers attract top players who win things which means you are perceived as a top club which allows you to attract top players....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back