Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Mourinho is the greatest manager of his generation. If there is even an inkling that he is interested we should be all over him, he'd bring us to a level we havent been in a long long time.

agree with trying to bring him in but the greatest of his generation ?

SAF will have something to say about that

That's not necessarily a bad thing. If Martinez actually learned from his mistakes, he'd be an awesome manager.

And therein lays the problem. We all knew Howard was a liability, we knew his subs against West Ham were daft, we are mostly just amateurs in the tactics of football but we know that if something doesn't work then stop doing it. We all want him to succeed, but until he can admit that we have problems and stops trying to overdo the PR then he will fail. Continuing to fail is not an option.......

if we can fund him, and man utd are not looking, surely we are a chance?

Yep that's if we can fund him

He wants to stay in the EPL and Man Utd are pissing in the wind trying to decide between LVG, Giggs or Jose

Lets make that choice easier for them by snapping him up IF we can afford him

Brian Clough too was hard as nails, players feared him but in a good way, it got them to perform at a level above what they would normally perform. Our players are in a comfort zone because our manager doesn't care about losing
I think a hell of a lot of crap is spoken about tactics.

Joe Royle and Moyes were able managers because they man managed well. That's the most important part. Giving your staff belief. Look at Leicester.

2004/5 and 1994/95-ish we could've played two defenders and eight strikers and we'd have been good because the players were properly motivated.

Yep that's if we can fund him

He wants to stay in the EPL and Man Utd are pissing in the wind trying to decide between LVG, Giggs or Jose

Lets make that choice easier for them by snapping him up IF we can afford him
There's no reason we can't spend at least 70m each season. Would he want such a challenge?

There's no reason we can't spend at least 70m each season. Would he want such a challenge?

I don't know what the rumours are with the summer war chest ( heard its between 80m-100m ) but with what we got already Jose should be able to work with that

I'd be absolutely delighted if Mourinho came.
I want us to win stuff, and the man is a proven winner.
He'd have money and a good core squad to work with, having a big name manager like him would also help us keep our best players that IMO would otherwise leave.

Joe Royle and Moyes were able managers because they man managed well. That's the most important part. Giving your staff belief. Look at Leicester.

2004/5 and 1994/95-ish we could've played two defenders and eight strikers and we'd have been good because the players were properly motivated.

Almost completely disagree. Yes players have to be motivated but there also has to be a gameplan or worst case secnario, you've got an under 4s game with a bunch of excited lads chasing the ball everywhere.

Spot on :

Part of a classic Brian Clough quote - "football is a simple game, it's 80% organisation and 20% skill ".

Leicester are the embodiment of this at the movement .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back