Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Laudrup? One of Europe's greatest players in the past thirty years. Won trophies as a manager at three different clubs.

Think he ticks quite a few boxes.

Not so much laudrup but the others.

But he hasn't been in management for over a year and the last team he managed was Lekhwiya, whoever they are.

Someone edited the Wikipedia page of Bielsa to add in "Everton 2016- " on his managerial history! Gone now.

I like Bielsa, his Bilbao side played some great ball, but ultimately he's just a more experienced Martinez.

Someone edited the Wikipedia page of Bielsa to add in "Everton 2016- " on his managerial history! Gone now.

I like Bielsa, his Bilbao side played some great ball, but ultimately he's just a more experienced Martinez.

He's nothing like Martinez, he hasn't relegated a club for a start. And he also has a bit of a personality and toughness to him, he takes no prisoners and can actually motivate players

He's nothing like Martinez, he hasn't relegated a club for a start. And he also has a bit of a personality and toughness to him, he takes no prisoners and can actually motivate players
He plays attacking football but his teams lack consistency. That's the only basis for comparison I was using.

Perfectly understandable. @The Esk agrees but I just think we'd benefit from his experience more than we'd be at a disadvantage due to personality.
I totally understand your point of view. He'd certainly raise our profile and attract talent.

If he would somehow agree to a season or two, I'd be up for that. I'd want to know there was a clean end date, though. Otherwise, I'd just feel that one day it'd all explode and he'd leave us with a colossal mess to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back