Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's nothing like Martinez, he hasn't relegated a club for a start. And he also has a bit of a personality and toughness to him, he takes no prisoners and can actually motivate players

But how do you motivate players when you don't speak the local lingo ??

That's why I'm not too sure

do they want to win things or date him?

They want a boring beige blank canvas of a man like Martinez who rolls out the same cliched crap every day and has the same reaction to winning as he does losing. The best managers are knobheads, that's just how it is, because they HATE losing. Sir Whiskey Nose was one of the biggest bell ends that's ever been involved in football, you think any United fans care?

Can you imagine the media coverage we would get if Mourinho rocked up at GP?

I hope this Esk suggestion is 100% true and happens sooner rather than later. If we don't win this week it would be the perfect time if the right candidate is available to take over immediately.

I would actually prefer a Mourinho or a De Boer to a South American, as much as I respect Pelligrini or the other fellow Bielsa.
what @The Esk say? Don't see anything here...

They want a boring beige blank canvas of a man like Martinez who rolls out the same cliched crap every day and has the same reaction to winning as he does losing. The best managers are knobheads, that's just how it is, because they HATE losing. Sir Whiskey Nose was one of the biggest bell ends that's ever been involved in football, you think any United fans care?
Not sure they want boring.

But to add, Harry Catterick was famously difficult but look at what he did.

Not sure they want boring.

But to add, Harry Catterick was famously difficult but look at what he did.

Brian Clough too was hard as nails, players feared him but in a good way, it got them to perform at a level above what they would normally perform. Our players are in a comfort zone because our manager doesn't care about losing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back