Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Tuchel off any list,he got embarrassed tactically in 2 legs by Klopp.

Klopp owned him in the 1st leg and the 2nd leg his 3 subs killed the tie and he had nothing to counter the diamond formation that Klopp changed too at 3-1 down.

His team should have walked the Europa league.

He has still won nothing.
Oh no he lost a game? We need a winner who has never lost a match.

For those championing De Boer, i wonder if he would be bringing Bergkamp and Stam with him as assistants? Also he's got Overmars as Director of Football and Van Der Sar on his team as well.

Perhaps they all contribute and hes just one cog in the group who may not be able to do it without that team (which cruyff put in place i think).

For those championing De Boer, i wonder if he would be bringing Bergkamp and Stam with him as assistants? Also he's got Overmars as Director of Football and Van Der Sar on his team as well.

Perhaps they all contribute and hes just one cog in the group who may not be able to do it without that team (which cruyff put in place i think).

aah man...

tbh, he's a big risk anyways...having only ever managed in dutch league and only with ajax

aah man...

tbh, he's a big risk anyways...having only ever managed in dutch league and only with ajax

I am suspicious for a few reasons but that team looks incredible on paper as a managerial setup yet he didnt put it together...so who knows if he could manage without them supporting him? No idea....

So thats a risk + cocu/psv won it last season and could do this season as well....

Its not that easy to choose a replacement manager,even emery was a total failure in russia....pellegrini hasnt been good at all...koeman popular as hes replaced players and sat in 7th (lol) and AVB as he....well no idea why actually.

Would be brilliant if there was a "new wenger" somewhere and Moshiri had a david dein type to find him....

aah man...

4 titles in 5 years.

Won them their first title in 6 years.

To be honest they got smashed by PSV last season, hence my interest in Cocu.

Seems the best option to me.

Welcome home Frank.

I am suspicious for a few reasons but that team looks incredible on paper as a managerial setup yet he didnt put it together...so who knows if he could manage without them supporting him? No idea....

So thats a risk + cocu/psv won it last season and could do this season as well....

Its not that easy to choose a replacement manager,even emery was a total failure in russia....pellegrini hasnt been good at all...koeman popular as hes replaced players and sat in 7th (lol) and AVB as he....well no idea why actually.

Would be brilliant if there was a "new wenger" somewhere and Moshiri had a david dein type to find him....

every managerial appointment is a risk, no way of knowing if things will work out..alot easier with players

He did.

The boy Frank ended 6 years without a title and won 4 on the bounce, nobody has ever done that.

frank-de-boer-image-3-983189328.jpg

There is - Dragan Stojkovic is supposedly Wenger's preferred successor, currently managing in the Chinese Super League after a period in Japan. I've thought about his name coming up in conversation in boardroom discussions and am sure Moshiri will know him with his Arsenal history.
Would be far far too much of a high-risk appointment in my eyes, but would not be surprised if he was linked with the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back