Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But most of us wouldn't love him in the job again. No, no, no, no, no.

In a serious moment, regardless of whether or not Moyes wants the job, he won't be getting it.
Putting aside the recent history of his exit from the club, two managerial failures in relatively quick succession have well and truly closed that door.

Mega sauced more like :celebrate:

I'm closer to one of these than being sourced, or sauced mate

megalosaurus.jpg

and megalosaurus is, a bit like Moyes, extinct.

I think if/when Martinez goes Moshiri will have 2 choices. Proven experience (Jose, pellegrini) or slight risk but could be better for the long term (Fdb, cocu, emery)

I don't see why they'd be replacing their manager any time soon.
The fact is that Emery is one of the best managers in the world atm and will be managing one of the very top teams in the world soon. No shame in saying everton has no chance in getting such a manager as him. Theres few names in that basket. But dont get me wrong....Theres plenty of Brill managers that would blow the bank on blue part of merseyside

I think if/when Martinez goes Moshiri will have 2 choices. Proven experience (Jose, pellegrini) or slight risk but could be better for the long term (Fdb, cocu, emery)

Good post, I can see the thinking behind both type of options.

Pellegrini and Mourinho probably have something to prove, to the world as well as themselves, whereas the less experienced options might be better long-term options, but how long is a manager likely to be around for ? Three, maybe four years might be a fair guess ?

Pellegrini and Mourinho probably have something to prove, to the world as well as themselves, whereas the less experienced options might be better long-term options, but how long is a manager likely to be around for ? Three, maybe four years might be a fair guess ?
Thats why i want Pellegrini, if he brings 2/3 years of success we could then attract a Fdb or emery in their peak

The fact is that Emery is one of the best managers in the world atm and will be managing one of the very top teams in the world soon. No shame in saying everton has no chance in getting such a manager as him. Theres few names in that basket. But dont get me wrong....Theres plenty of Brill managers that would blow the bank on blue part of merseyside

I wasn't talking about him. At all.

Its all about sustainability.

The reason we got Bobby in was hes cheap, he was young and he had room to grow, with the club, it sadly hasnt worked out, he is out his depth.

The next manager will be somebody that can get results and grow the football club on the pitch, while we grow the football club off the pitch.

Jose and Zombie would normally be out of reach, but both are "available" hence people "linking" them to us, personally I dont think we will get either of them, Jose for 1 "demands" 15m a year in wages, it would make more sense to go for a "mid tier" manager such as RDB/Cocu/Koeman/AVB and allow them to have a half arsed crack at the top 4, I say half arsed, they will be given funds in order to do it, but unlike some, I cant see us spunking a load of wedge until we have our house in order OFF the pitch.

As you say normally a manager is given a few years, unless he tanks it hard, maybe "next" time we can put the "top tier" managers such as Emery, Jose and Simeone on the list, but for now, I think those names are sadly pipe dreams.

TL;DR
Hire Frank

I'm pretty convinced it'll be someone out of left field. As I've said before, it won't be one of the big boys IMO. It won't be another young British-based manager, as the trend now is foreign-based managers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next manager has barely been mentioned on this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back