Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly... But gethe trend then was to appoint from inside England

He played for Inter, let's not forget... There's about a 0.0001% chance of us appointing him. I actually think he will stay at AM for a long time

As much as I want him to come to us he should stay at Atletico. He's built a great team and he should reap the rewards. But honestly has to be the best manager in the world.

I like de Boer, he looks very scarey, has a war named afetr him and has a deep seated hatred of Germany and Germans in general, so the Derby's will be extremely attritional affairs! Whats not to like?

Just get anyone that can organise our forwards with this attitude.
51.gif

As much as I want him to come to us he should stay at Atletico. He's built a great team and he should reap the rewards. But honestly has to be the best manager in the world.
He's an absolutely brilliant manager who seems totally suited to the club. I can't see him leaving, must be superb if you're an Atletico fan.

I think we could get him if Moshiri set out his vision for the club, I don't think he's out of reach like Simione. Interesting interview with him from the guardian http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery - that's the type of manager we should be aiming for.

Cracking read that mate, and gives an insight into the type of dedication or maybe a better word is intensity it takes to become a top manager, something Martinez seems to lack, Emery just went up to the top of who i'd hope to see us go for after reading that

Cracking read that mate, and gives an insight into the type of dedication or maybe a better word is intensity it takes to become a top manager, something Martinez seems to lack, Emery just went up to the top of who i'd hope to see us go for after reading that
I think all of the very top managers have this, it's intensity and total dedication to every aspect of what you need to do to win football matches. That's why when you read some of the comments from Osman's book about Martinez you know he's never going to become a top manager. I know a couple of people who had insight into the way Benitez worked at Liverpool and he was the same.

Emery should be top of the list for me, if we can't get him then move down to the likes of De Boer. Either way they'll be a massive improvement on Martinez.

I think all of the very top managers have this, it's intensity and total dedication to every aspect of what you need to do to win football matches. That's why when you read some of the comments from Osman's book about Martinez you know he's never going to become a top manager. I know a couple of people who had insight into the way Benitez worked at Liverpool and he was the same.

Emery should be top of the list for me, if we can't get him then move down to the likes of De Boer. Either way they'll be a massive improvement on Martinez.
Your previous post on Emery was a great insight into what makes him tick,We must go full tilt after either him or Simone, if we dont go for someone of that stature now we will never move forward.
The manager now is the biggest signing we can ever make so lets get the right man,I am not bothered about marque signings spend the money on a man who can change the whole attitude of the club.

It reminds me of an article i read after Moyes left on Tuchel mate, gave a great insight into his way of working and the fact he was almost obesessed with football to a detail of minutia

Would take Emery in a heartbeat after reading that though, type of mindset combined with actually being able to get a team to perform for him as well which is the sign of a top manager

I don't know about Martinez lacking intensity, can't think of a manager who doesn't. However our team certainly lacks intensity and like you having read that, Emery who domestically hadn't won things but of course it's a closed shop in Spain (barca, real and athletico) but in Europa he has shown he has the credentials to manage us. Like you I can't but fail to be impressed with the bloke having read that article.

Personally I think we need someone that is better at press conferences and post match interviews. I'm sick of listening to his generic, eternally positive, straight from a management manual bullshit. The novelty has firmly worn off. I even wonder if he is some form of extra terrestrial masquerading as a football manager. I can just see a little man in his head driving him, perpetually hitting the soft tissue injury button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back