Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an absolutely brilliant manager who seems totally suited to the club. I can't see him leaving, must be superb if you're an Atletico fan.
I hope he stays there. What an achievement to take on and beat real and barca with nowhere near the resources. Just down to a brilliant manager who tactically is up there with the best of them.

Personally I think we need someone that is better at press conferences and post match interviews. I'm sick of listening to his generic, eternally positive, straight from a management manual bullshit. The novelty has firmly worn off. I even wonder if he is some form of extra terrestrial masquerading as a football manager. I can just see a little man in his head driving him, perpetually hitting the soft tissue injury button.

Someone put up that Paul Merson rant about him on soccer Saturday again - that hit the nail on the head .( not sure how to !)

It reminds me of an article i read after Moyes left on Tuchel mate, gave a great insight into his way of working and the fact he was almost obesessed with football to a detail of minutia

Would take Emery in a heartbeat after reading that though, type of mindset combined with actually being able to get a team to perform for him as well which is the sign of a top manager
Really interesting to see how these very top coaches/managers work. A very good English (non football) example of this would be Dave Brailsford who worked on making improvements ( no matter how small) in the minutest aspect of cycling. The result - we smashed everyone at Cycling in the Olympics and a British rider won the Tour de France for first time. Good article on him here http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/inside-the-mind-of-dave-brailsford-2615

This is why when Martinez goes on about small margins it drives me mad because he doesn't work on every aspect of the game which can give you those small margins, set pieces being the most obvious example.

Noticed Graham Jones having a bit of an input with the press this week, think that's a first ?
It's just more of Martinez excuses getting said by him now ! They're trying to look right when we all know they're wrong, both saying black us fans saying white and the colour is actually white if you know what I mean

It's just more of Martinez excuses getting said by him now ! They're trying to look right when we all know they're wrong, both saying black us fans saying white and the colour is actually white if you know what I mean
Was wondering if he was getting his hand in like, to take over for a few weeks when
Marinez gets the bullet. ?

Who ever it may be and I would like one of AVB, FDB or Jose. They need to be in place from the end of May at the latest. As their first task will be to make sure our top talent don't leave then to have a good run at new bodies for pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back